PDA

View Full Version : Casio Non-Service

rw38
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
I am the unhappy owner of the EX-Z750 purchased in July 2005 for a trip to Europe. The camera was not great from the git go. Most of the pictures were slightly blurry in spite of using serveral different settings. I also kept getting a lens error during zoom. I sent the camera to Casio repair in NJ and was sent a bill for the repair. They needed the sales slip which I sent via fax. After I didn't hear from them for a month, I called and was told that they were waiting for payment before making the repair. The repair, I was told, was not covered under factory warranty. There was no explanation as to what was wrong or why it was not covered. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this company? Or the problems I mentioned? I seem to recall owner comments to the effect that this is a persistant problem with this camera due to a Casio flaw which they won't admit.

Thanks,

RW38

exservguy
11-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Just an amen to the comments. My experience with the Casio repair group in Dover was also very negative. They are very slow to respond, even to specific written comments. My 750 fell from the Casio "Business Card" holder due to what I described to Casio as having a totally inadequately designed catch. (Mine won't stay closed! Don't buy one!) After I had requested the camera be returned unrepaired I got a response saying that they would look into my complaint. All this one month after my initial communication.
I found a guy on the web, tim@casiorepairs.com who did a great repair at a better cost, and kept me informed expeditiously about what was happening. Conclusion: Great camera, lousy case, lousy factory repair attitude. Great repair service at casiorepair.com

Zackery Fischer
12-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Received model EXZ750 in September w/ playback button broken; sent it in under warranty and they delayed its return and demanded payment! Finally, they recognized the warranty and sent a "new"? camaera back in November. The new replacemnt one came back w/ a broken LCD screen and a small green pixel showing "on". Returned it next business day. Have called twice a week and get no reply at this time. One lady was helpful but said Casio demanded payment before the repair. Her supervisor was to call back but so far no one has called.

This company should be reported as a perpetrator of consumer fraud since they do not care one ito about their customers. And what does it say for Casio for sending out 2 broken cameras and then treating the customer like dirt?

cnce
12-10-2005, 01:57 AM
I paid $500.00 for this camera and work only two weeks!!
This Casio EX-Z750 purchased in 12 November 2005.
I'm very regret of purchase this camera in my first time of use.

On day one, the camera lenes was so rough when it eject, in fact, the camera body just shacks when the lens eject from the body after the power turn on.

I was carefully put this camera in a softcase then inside the pocket of my inner jacket for Just two weeks, ( I almost take picture or play with it everyday) I discovered the picture on the LCD is not right, then I took it to Casio repair in Toronto to complaint about the LCD and the lens.

The service man don't even look at my two week's old invoice or fill up a service workorder, in just less than 5 minutes, he told me that this was not covered under factory warranty. I discuss with him why it is not cover? He said the LCD inside was cracked. I explaint to him how I take care this camera during the last two week, I even show him this camera is not even a minor scratch on it's body! It may be caused by the Toronto extream weather, poor workmanship or bad quality of material.
However he keep insist that the LCD is damaged inside, warranty is not cover he said he just receive another EX-Z750 yesterday with the same broken after 3 days of purchase!!
This man is even quacy enough that to ask me prove to him the LCD is damage by the poor factory workmanship!!! :mad: :mad:
I told him If I could do this research, I will not buy this camera!
I fell I was ripped off by Casio's poor design!
Their service is just unprofessional and oneway.

I had purchase a Panasonic DMC-FX9 now! What an expense lesson!!

I'm totally agreed that Casio should be reported as a perpetrator of consumer fraud since they do not stand behind their warranty nor care about their customers.

Anyone who have similar treated, please post here to alrert others.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

deanos
12-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I got the lens error on my Z750, took it back to Currys and they sent it onto Casio, it was returned within 2weeks with a new lens, i can only say as i find and the service was very fast, this is in the UK

jakcxwu
02-14-2006, 04:38 PM
the LCD screen went off right after the 1 month period, otherwise i would return it to circuit city.

i sent the camers to the Casio service center in Montrose California and was told that the LCD is not under warranty. and i have to pay $135 to fix it. i have just read the warranty carefully and did not see any where the LCD is mentioned. don't know if i can sue Casio in the local small claim court.

jack.