PDA

View Full Version : framing tips?

jwhite
11-13-2005, 07:32 PM
I need some framing tips. I have several photos that I want to print out and what to frame them myself. What size photos generally work best? 5x7, 8x10, larger? I want to also use a mat. I've noticed with most artwork the mat border on bottom is bigger. Is there a general rule of them for it? Is there a place online that I should go with a lot of choices? I just stopped at americanframe.com, and it looks like they have a lot of choices. Before I delve into this I want to get a lot of input though. Any and all input would be beneficial. Thanks!

LoveOfSelene
11-14-2005, 09:00 PM
I've noticed with most artwork the mat border on bottom is bigger.

Im suposing your saying that, for example there's a 1in border at the top and a like 1.5 or 2in at the bottom. In that case, it's used to pull your eyes into the picture. Usually in perspective photographs, if the borders are all even on all sides, ur eyes can rest at the boarders but not the case with landscapes. The point of the photograph is to get you viewer's attention ;)

Hopefully this makes some sence.

jwhite
11-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah, it makes sense, but is there a general rule of thumb on how big the bottom should be? Let's say I use 1" on the top and both sides, should the bottom be 1.5" or 2", or is just what I feel looks right?