PDA

View Full Version : Pentax, Canon, Nikon, Others ??

flick
07-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a new (ultra) compact digital. I'm having a hard time deciding between the following:

Pentax Optio S4/S4i
Canon S400
Nikon 3700

I went to Ritz Camera and the guy kept trying to sell me the S4i today (only one left), but I haven't seen great reviews on it. My husband really liked the Pentax, but I'm leaning toward the Nikon (price). However, Canon seems to receive great reviews.

Since Nikon is offering a rebate, it makes it considerably cheaper. I don't plan to make 8x10s.

I'm looking for something with 3.0 MP or better, 3x optical zoom, light, under $350 (since I have to buy memory and another battery) and easy to fit in a pocket.

I've researched so many cameras that I'm getting them all confused and would really appreciate any advice that anybody could offer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
April

Nick
07-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Have you considered either the Canon Powershot A75/A80? I think the A75 would suit your listed needs more then enough, and I would gladly take it over the Optio and S400, as well as the Nikon.

flick
07-12-2004, 07:30 PM
The A75 seems a little bigger than we want. Is it really that much better? I've looked at a lot of reviews and it looks great....so confusing.

Is $179 (after rebate) good for the Nikon Coolpix 3700?

Between a Canon Elph, Nikon, and Pentax which would be the best for the same equivalent cameras (price range, etc)?

Thanks again!