PDA

View Full Version : Help with Panasonic LZ2

raisedonpromises
11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I just purchased this camera & am having a little trouble figuring out the best settings for what I intend to use it for - concert pictures. I photograph for a lot of local bands & I liked this camera because of the excellent zoom & the steady-hands option. However, I used it for the first time last night & am not too happy with the way things went.

First off, some of my pictures loaded onto my computer as large images (2.3MB, 2500x1900) and some as small (30 KB, 320x240). The larger ones are somewhat grainy as well, although this may have been because I had the flash off.

Which leads me to my next question - any tips for this camera on a flash setting that doesn't take 5 seconds to recharge? I became very frustrated taking pictures and then having to wait for the LCD screen to come back on, & it seemed to be taking a long time. I tried several of the flash settings but they all had the same effect. I need to take photos in low lighting of fast action, so I need the flash sometimes, but I don't want to wait for it to recharge. Any tips?

Thanks for any help offered. I thought I knew a little about digital cameras, but I am having so much trouble getting what I want out of this one, I'm tempted to go back to my old Canon & keep paying for film & processing!!:)

-colleen