PDA

View Full Version : DMC-FZ20 vs Olympus C-770

Rakesh Arora
10-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Hello Sir,

Please Help Me, I Want A good picture quality overall durable camera With Big zoom in small size.i am very impress for small size of Olympus C-770.if possible then please tell me in details about both cameras [+ ]& [-] ?
I Am very confused. Tell me which camera is best in these two cameras.

Panasonic DMC-FZ 20
Olympus C-770

I will wait your advise.
Truly Friend
Rakesh Arora

btary
10-27-2004, 11:09 PM
It's not fair to compare them since they are different in CCD size (FZ20 is 5 MP and C770 is 4 MP). But it depends on your need. If you love to shoot the moving object spontaneously and making bigger prints, Pany is better. But on Tripod Oly is better with no shake at all (use RC). Oly is more superior in movie with its MPEG4 and availability of accessories (pany uses 72 mm thread meanwhile Oly use either 52 or 55 mm adapter).

Hello Sir,

Please Help Me, I Want A good picture quality overall durable camera With Big zoom in small size.i am very impress for small size of Olympus C-770.if possible then please tell me in details about both cameras [+ ]& [-] ?
I Am very confused. Tell me which camera is best in these two cameras.

Panasonic DMC-FZ 20
Olympus C-770

I will wait your advise.
Truly Friend
Rakesh Arora

Thon
10-28-2004, 02:35 AM
Hi Rakesh,

I own a Oly C-770UZ. Very compact size compared to Pana FZ20. However, the Pana have a 12X Leica lens (superior specs compared to the Oly 10X).

You should find out what you actually require/want in a digital camera.

Do you want a lighter camera that you can carry around easily (my choice) or a bigger clunky one that is beyond compare (according to some of the fans)?

Anyway, I believe if you shoot a lot of still objects and sceneries on a tripod, then the Oly will be a good choice. The IS in the FZ20 will be good for action/handheld long zoom photos.

The choice is really up to you.

Treasuredude
10-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I have been looking at the FZ20, C770, and the Kodak 7590. Want the big zoom and ease of use. I am beginning to think that to fully utilize the Panasonic, you really need to know what you're doing.

D70FAN
10-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I have been looking at the FZ20, C770, and the Kodak 7590. Want the big zoom and ease of use. I am beginning to think that to fully utilize the Panasonic, you really need to know what you're doing.

That's the great thing about the FZ20 (and the C770). They are point-n-shoots with manual option.

To "FULLY UTILIZE" any digital camera with manual functions "you really need to learn how to do it".

However, if you can post on this board, you have more than enough ability to FULLY UTILIZE any of these cameras. Here is what you need to do:

0. Read The _ Manual (painful, but you will thank me later).
1. Turn on the camera.
2. Make sure the selector switch is in Auto.
3. Aim at the subject to be photographed.
4. Zoom to taste.
5. Press the shutter release.
6. Repeat steps 0-5 as necessary.

Congratulations, you have now utilized over 50% of an all-in-one cameras capabilities. :)

Now you are ready to play with the manual controls. :eek: Hey it's free (except for time). And for this part I recommend...In case I missed it... RT_M. ;)

Treasuredude
10-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I know.... read the manual.

I am a little concerned about the ease of use of the Panasonic otherwise I would be all over it like stink on a skunk. I've read the reviews and downloaded the sample pics. But let's face facts. Jeff or any of the other guys shoot circles around us novices.

I will probably take 95% of my pics in full auto mode. From what I've read on the other forums, the Panasonic may not me the camera of choice.

John_Reed
10-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I know.... read the manual.

I am a little concerned about the ease of use of the Panasonic otherwise I would be all over it like stink on a skunk. I've read the reviews and downloaded the sample pics. But let's face facts. Jeff or any of the other guys shoot circles around us novices.

I will probably take 95% of my pics in full auto mode. From what I've read on the other forums, the Panasonic may not me the camera of choice.Well, if you can put your hands on one in a store, you'll see that it's really easy and intuitive to use. Not long ago, I was participating in an event, and so I asked a lady in the audience to shoot some shots with my FZ10 (in P mode, "Auto"). She said "Ooh! Is that one of those DIGITALS? I've never used one!" So I showed her how to frame and then shoot with the shutter button. She took 105 shots, 80 of which were "keepers;" one even made our local newspaper. So don't be afraid.