PDA

View Full Version : Canon A75 Problem! HELP!!! :-(

digistar
10-05-2004, 02:26 AM
:confused: :( Hi. I don't know if anyone could give me advice or any help with my A75 Canon Digital camera (only 3 months old!!!)...this camera's got a few problems now.
1. zoom doesn't work any more
2. any buttons like "menu" "func" "up/down/left/right" don't work anymore
3. unable to view pictures I've taken except the last one

I could still take pictures and view the last picture that I've taken. A friend bought this camera for me so I don't have any warranty...I think .. (I'm traveling right now so I don't have those papers).

What should I do? Have anyone got these problems before?

Please please help me. Thanks in advance.

Alnath
10-05-2004, 06:50 AM
Give it back to your friend and tell them to send it back, its broken.

Zing
04-13-2006, 06:06 AM
My camera too have similar malfunctioning
1. zoom doesn't work any more
2. any buttons like "menu" "func" "up/down/left/right" don't work anymore
3. unable to view pictures I've taken except the last one
4. The orange AF light keeps on blinking.

Did you solve your camera problem? Any help or suggestion?

Did you see the following advisory notice from Canon?

Canon issues advisory notice
Thursday, 6 October 2005 16:25 GMT < Prev Next >

Canon has announced a problem with some of the CCDs used in its digital cameras and camcorders which causes images not to appear or appear distorted. This is due to a malfunction that means the wiring in the CCDs may come undone if exposed to high temperature or high humidity. The affected cameras are the PowerShot A60, PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot A300, PowerShot A310, Digital IXUS V3, Digital IXUS II, Digital IXUS IIs. Canon advises anyone experiencing these problems to contact them to arrange free repairs.

aks
05-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I have a Powershot A75, that has exactly the same problem. Did any of you get your camera fixed?
About the Canon advisory, did you make a use of that? How to go about getting the camera fixed?
Looks like I got hold of a lemon!!

BowerR64
05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Did either camera take a fall? the switch for the 2 modes of opperation (playback and camera mode) are mounted to the same pad as the function buttons. They have a plug that can come loose if it has taken a fall. The zoom sounds a little more serious. It could be jammed or it could have a connection issue. There is a button on the top that works the zoom in and out so if its not getting E18 errors it could be a connection problem tied into the buttons. You have to see how it works to understand it. Its like a thin orange flexable pad that runs around under the LCD thin comes up over the top and plugs in.

You could do it yourself if you have the tools and a nice clean area with good lighting. Its worth a shot to try and fix the connection then to send it in.

If you try and take it apart just remember a few things. Keep the switch in record mode and there are a few hidden screws. One near the battery the memory battry by the USB plug and a few inside the batty compartment.

cybervra
10-24-2007, 04:03 AM
My wife has this camera and it recently lost function of nearly all buttons. The thing that clued me in was as soon as it turned on the camera would attempt to focus once. The A75 has a pre-click position that focuses the lens for the shot. What had happened was the Click Button had been mashed down and bent on the under side and was being held in that half pushed position. I tore the camera down and was able to straighten up the pole on the bottom. It works good as new now. Hope this helps someone. :)

drodgers
11-17-2007, 05:54 PM
If all else fails, go to http://www.usa.canon.com

Rhys
06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I sent my S1 IS in for repair for a faulty sensor. It came back fixed but the images now have a magenta cast. I suspect that's from the sensors being poorly stored.

Really and truly, I don't think there's a lot of point in having old cameras repaired. i did because the repair was free. Having seen the results I'm not so sure I'm all that much better off for having had it repaired.

See if you can see the magenta cast here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sagephotoworld/3633080128/

David Metsky
06-18-2009, 07:40 AM
The user "deck" lists his email address as "supportonclick.com" so I think we safely assume this bump was spam.

Rhys
06-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Good catch. I also note now that the spelling is not really that great - the kind of errors only non-native speakers make. Indeed, checking the domain, it's registered in Bengal and the server is in Hyderabad, India.

Beowulff
06-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Totally agree David.

Cheap "advertising" eh?

:(

Rhys
06-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Lol. I have my doubts about the worth of spamming forums with adverts. I just have the feeling that people aren't going to be browsing forums in that way.

For example, I found the circuit diagram I had for my audio trigger for my flash didn't work the way it should have. Rather than messing about I built another and that didn't work either. It's not my construction skills as my DIY optical trigger works well albeit only on slow-moving objects such as drips, falling cherries etc. So I asked on the high-speed photography forums and found some ready-made triggers were available. I'd assumed that it was all DIY like the ultra-high speed flashes are. There, people on the forum helped out with real product suggestions.

If the advertisers instead of spamming forums spent some time on them and read current discussions to make suggestions then I have no problem with that. People don't go online to forums to find solutions - they can use Google for that. People use forums to chat and discuss issues etc. It seems to be a common mistake amongst advertisers that simply chucking and advert out there will work. Advertising is not like throwing mud at a wall, hoping some will stick.