PDA

View Full Version : Doubts about 7590

fergon
10-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi everybody!

My name is Fernando and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I've just bought one DX-7590. After one week of use, I have three questions:

1) In review mode, after editing a photo (using zoom and scroll - magnifying picture), is it possible to save it as a new one?

2) Many photos are blurry. I noticed that this problem has been discussed here before. How can I eliminate this issue?

3) The mode dial doesn't have the light in the icon of the mode you are in - auto, sports, scenes etc. - like in the 6490. It only brings the green light in the middle of the dial. Is this a problem of my camera or Kodak turned the light off on the 7590?

Thanks everyone for helping me!
Fernando

Atindra
10-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I hope you have tested couple of model of same 7590 camera.
Now 1. I dont think you can save the magnified image on card of camera. You can do all kind of post processing with very powerful softwares after downloading the photos to PC.
2. Photos are blurry...
chk another model of same camera, if it gives better result your model has some problem and/or you are still not fully acquainted with your camera, that wont take much time probably a week or so.
3. about mode dial...
checking with another model of 7590 can solve the issue or wait for coldsnail's(Paul) answer.

Atindra

Cold Snail
10-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Thanks for that.

I'll give you a proper answer later this week when my DX7590 arrives.

A quick suggestion for #2.

Use P mode and up the ISO to 200-400 and see how they come out.
My guess is it's a little shake due to a slow shutter speed.

fergon
10-05-2004, 06:00 AM
Atindra,

Unfortunatelly, i didnít have the chance to test other models, because the camera was bought for a friend of mine, during a trip to USA. I was in doubt about four cameras: Minolta dImage Z3, Kodak DX-7590, Minolta dImage Z2 and Olympus C-765 (in order of preference). He didnít find Z3 and brought my second option.

About the doubts:

1) I think the option to save a magnified picture in the card was really important, the lack of this feature frustrates me;
2) Since the camera was bought in USA and i'm in Brasil, i donít have the chance to change it. Iíll try yours and Cold Snailís suggestions. And perhaps my hands are shaking a bit, i'll try to hold it tighter;
3) Waiting for Cold Snailís camera, but this is not a big complaint.

Anyway, thanks very much for helping me, guys!
Fernando :)

John_Reed
10-05-2004, 11:47 AM
2) Many photos are blurry. I noticed that this problem has been discussed here before. How can I eliminate this issue?Use a tripod, or other stabilizing thing, like a beanbag, a fence rail, etc., whenever your shutterspeed drops below about 1/400 of a second (you may do better) at full zoom. Even though your camera is a digital camera, you can still get blurry photos, if the subject or the camera moves at all during the time the shutter is open.

Atindra
10-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Atindra,

Unfortunatelly, i didnít have the chance to test other models, because the camera was bought for a friend of mine, during a trip to USA. I was in doubt about four cameras: Minolta dImage Z3, Kodak DX-7590, Minolta dImage Z2 and Olympus C-765 (in order of preference). He didnít find Z3 and brought my second option.

About the doubts:

1) I think the option to save a magnified picture in the card was really important, the lack of this feature frustrates me;
2) Since the camera was bought in USA and i'm in Brasil, i donít have the chance to change it. Iíll try yours and Cold Snailís suggestions. And perhaps my hands are shaking a bit, i'll try to hold it tighter;
3) Waiting for Cold Snailís camera, but this is not a big complaint.

Anyway, thanks very much for helping me, guys!
Fernando :)
Hi,
I dont think any camera will satisfy with your first query. No camera allows to save magnified image on the card as a new one, atleast in the pricerange which you are looking for. Handshake problem will reduce soon.
Start taking lot of pics and share them on forum without hesitation.
Atindra

fergon
10-25-2004, 05:58 AM
Atindra,

Here at work, I used to take pictures of events with an old Sony DSC-S75 that has the option of saving magnified pictures. That's why I found myself dissapointed at that moment. But now I accepted the 7590 as it is.

My blurry photos are becoming a thing os the past. I stooped using the LCD, started holding it thighter and things are getting better each day. I will post here and in dpreview.com, some pictures that I believe are nice.

Thanks!
Fernando

Atindra
10-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi Fernando,
Actually I too wished in the past that we should be able to do some little modification on photos in camera itself, and I agree with you that from Kodak's easyshare line expectations are higher. I think when they are thinking of easy sharing and printing the photos without help of PCs, they should be more concerned bout on-camera editing of images. I think you should forward your creative suggestion to them, lets see what is their response.
Mean while enjoy your 7590, be in touch with forum and constantly evaluate your camera.
Atindra

fergon
11-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Atindra,

You are right, Kodak should make this improvement (the possibility to save magnified pictures on the camera) in the upcoming cameras.

But overall, I'm very satisfied with my 7590 and I feel that things are getting better each day.

Fernando