PDA

View Full Version : Help With Motion Pictures.

Omikron77
10-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Alright everyone I'm sure this question has probably been asked before but I'm just looking for some fresh advice. I'm having some trouble capturing clear pictures of anything in motion with my digital cam. If I turn the shutter speed up fast enough to freeze the motion I get a very dark picture. This is especially true if I turn off the flash and try to use the camera inside. I need some advice on what I need to do to get clear pictures of people and animals in motion.

My camera is the Canon A85.

Thanks in advance.
Omi-

David Metsky
10-04-2004, 07:24 AM
In order to get motion frozen you need to have the shutter speed be very fast. When there isn't much light (such as indoors, without a flash) the camera needs to keep the shutter open longer to capture enough light. If you manually turn the shutter speed up, you won't get enough light.

One thing you can do is change the ISO rating. This allows the camera to capture images with less light as the ISO number goes higher. Set it to 400 and see if you have better luck. The cost of this is that the images will be grainer or noisier.

-dave-