PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pop Up flash for S1 SL

funpix
10-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Hello there to everyone. I just purchased this wonderful camera but have a bit of concern. Has anyone ever had the flash just not pop up? It seems to stick and not deploy. I have called Canon and they to send it in for a look see but I really don't want to send it away for nearly 3 weeks. New toys are always the hardest to let go. Anyway just seeing if anyone else out there has experienced the same issue. Good day and happy flashing :)

NeoteriX
10-03-2004, 10:41 PM
this may be too obvious, but I'll ask -- are you sure you have the flash on?

tc17
10-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Hello there to everyone. I just purchased this wonderful camera but have a bit of concern. Has anyone ever had the flash just not pop up? It seems to stick and not deploy. I have called Canon and they to send it in for a look see but I really don't want to send it away for nearly 3 weeks. New toys are always the hardest to let go. Anyway just seeing if anyone else out there has experienced the same issue. Good day and happy flashing :)
Does it make a noise like its about to pop up then not?

Mine doesn't stick. If its just not even trying to popup, check the menu settings and scroll down to the "flash pop up" option and make sure its on. You can only find that option if you have a memory card in the camera and are in the picture taking mode.

funpix
10-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Yes I did make sure that the flash was set to on and to pop up :) . I have to smile because in my line of work I always ask the most obvious questions as well.

And the camera does make a click noise. If I pull gently the flash comes up but once placed back down it remains there. :confused:

jgo
12-11-2004, 04:53 PM
did you ever find a resolution for this problem?? can you please let me know. i am having the exact same problem.

funpix
12-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Canon says to send it for repair under warranty. Have not done this yet since they can not give me an estimated time to have it returned to me. I can not have it done locally and the nearest repair place is about 4 hours from me.

Will post if I decide to send it in and what results from there. :)

Microman66
12-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Just tried to use the camera., and no Flash popping up.

Is there a way to safely open it, and use it without causing further damage?

Live in Souther Cal, I wonder if there is a walkin repair location to have it fixed, only bought it in September 2005.

I guess I should not have let my granddaughter use it last month. She may have forced the pop up flash open. DOnt know for sure.

What a pain... I am depressed for now.

roxydog
12-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Gidday
Here is a old post that MAY fix your problems - good luck and Merry Christmas

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=34145&forum_id=15

6th post down

Cheers Dom