PDA

View Full Version : antishake

concorde
10-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi! I want to by a new camera and I am in dilema, or trilema, or... Minolta A1 will be my choise if there is not so much noise, and if there is better macro. Because of that I was loking on the EOS 300D and D70, and I am still whit out of camera. Canon is not built well enought for the price they want, and Nicon is to Big and still to expencive for me. Now when Olympus E300 is on the market I have another question. What about antishake on lences for E1 or E300?
Sorry if I made too much mistakes in spelling :)
Greatings from Croatia!

eagle17
10-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Greetings from Maryland, USA. I have a good friend and diving buddy who is from croatia, he just returned from a holiday in mljet.

Anyway, as far as I know, none of the Digital SLR cameras have built in Image Stablization (antishake). However there are several lenses from canon that have IS built into them. These lenses are a little expensive though.. I think they start at around $350 or so.. I just used one today for the first time with my new canon 20D. The lens was the 70-300mm with IS. I was not very impressed with the lens quality but the IS was fantastic. It really works well and I am glad to see canon including this on more of their lower end lenses.

I have also not seen any IS lenses for any other cameras but then again I am not in the market for lenses for any other camera

I do not know how the prices are in croatia for cameras but I would recomend a DSLR for any type of high quality work.. of course you will need some good lenses. :)

John Crawford

Jeff Keller
10-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Anyway, as far as I know, none of the Digital SLR cameras have built in Image Stablization (antishake).

That's not the case anymore! The Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D has anti-shake.

http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=2855

eagle17
10-03-2004, 08:57 PM
wow if it comes in at the $1000 price range it should be a good competitor.

I am interested on wether this affects image quality as it stabilizes the sensor. A friend of mine is a big minolta fan and was looking at picking up a new dslr, I will have to tell him to hold off until he sees what this will do...

concorde
10-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi John! thanks for reply but I probabli wasn`t explain my trilema :)
I know for IS lences from Canon and VR lences from Nicon, and if I buy D70 or EOS300D I will by one of them. My question was what about antishake on lences for 4/3 system (E1 and E300). Some people says that this is not big deal on dSLR because of size of the sensor. "Just set ISO on 800 and take a quick shot" says some of them, but I am not so shure about that.
Minoltas dSLR have AS in the body, but cost about 1500 (1850 $) in Europe, just for the body. Nikon D70 is about 950 for the body, and Canon is about 800 . Well, question is: why 4/3 system doesn`t have lences with antishake? Is there are some other feature and AS is not necessary or what?
I still thinking about Minolta A1 because it cost about 550 . . .maybe they sell them all and will have no choice :) . . .except choose some of the SLR :). . .but new ones coming on the market :)

Thank you for reading. Many greatings

concorde
10-04-2004, 03:12 PM
I forget to thank Jeff. . .so, Thank you Jeff :)

PS: I was surprised when I see that editors (well, you) realy read this mesages

NeoteriX
10-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Does anyone know the pricing estimate for the new 7D

D70FAN
10-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Does anyone know the pricing estimate for the new 7D

From the specifications it looks like a competitor for the Canon DReb in the sub $800 area.

I would have reservations about the on-camera anti-shake as it seems that the other guys have avoided this method, and I'm not sure of the effect that the open environment of a dSLR will have long-term vs. the sealed environment of the A series.

That said It is a pretty neat step-up for the consumer all-in-one owner (reads A1 and A2), and includes USB 2.0, but then integrates the AF assist into the flash (?). The DC lens selection is also a little goofy with an 17-35 and a 28-85 being the choices rather than offering a good 18-125 eveyday, all-purpose lens.

If this camera comes in at the $800 level it should be a winner, along with the *ist DS, and at the very least may drive down the cost of IS and VR lenses from the other guys.

concorde
10-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Hi! Minolta D7 digital cost 1590 (~2000$) in Austria (Europe), EOS300D (Rebel) cost 780 (960$) and Nicon D70 is 950.

I finaly decided!!! My choice is Canon EOS300D kit, with EF-S 17-85 f/4,0-5,6 IS USM, and 70-300 f/4,5-5,6 DO IS USM. EOS300D will be with me for about 6 month`s and I will replace it with EOS 20D (after some bred and water diet :)) I think that I already have the costumer for Rebel :)
I miss macro lence, and I am short of money, so...uf, uf, mnogo problema

D70FAN
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi! Minolta D7 digital cost 1590 (~2000$) in Austria (Europe), EOS300D (Rebel) cost 780 (960$) and Nicon D70 is 950.

I finaly decided!!! My choice is Canon EOS300D kit, with EF-S 17-85 f/4,0-5,6 IS USM, and 70-300 f/4,5-5,6 DO IS USM. EOS300D will be with me for about 6 month`s and I will replace it with EOS 20D (after some bred and water diet :)) I think that I already have the costumer for Rebel :)
I miss macro lence, and I am short of money, so...uf, uf, mnogo problema

Thanks for the pricing information. The Minolta 7D is definately overpriced in its class. I guess time will tell if AS is worth the cost.

Enjoy that EOS 300D, and IS glass for about half the cost of the 7D.