PDA

View Full Version : driver o/s /raid0 ?conflict

automaton2
10-02-2004, 09:55 AM
hi :eek:
i have an s10 canon

any problem with installing the olympus c5000 driver or software
running win 98se in raid0 :rolleyes:
where the camera is seen as another drive I hope theres no hassle because of the raid array
thanx :cool:

judge9847
10-02-2004, 11:13 AM
hi :eek:
i have an s10 canon

any problem with installing the olympus c5000 driver or software
running win 98se in raid0 :rolleyes:
where the camera is seen as another drive I hope theres no hassle because of the raid array
thanx :cool:
Sorry but I'm not sure what you might be asking. Are saying you've got a problem installing the Canon software or the Oly software? I don't see that there's a relationship between your two comments ... :confused:

Have you had any other problems running any other software on the raid array? I thought that normally, raid arrays are used as network devices - I can't say that I've come across them on a single PC. It would seem to be somewhat over the top but hey! it's a free world!

A bit more information would be of use.

automaton2
10-03-2004, 10:16 AM
:D
everyone in the overclocking forums
is wild about raid :eek:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=overclocking+forums+raid0

my concern [not even having gotten cam yet]
is that because its an array and the camera is viewed as drive
could entail prob?

just want new cam to work :cool:

judge9847
10-03-2004, 10:47 AM
:D
everyone in the overclocking forums is wild about raid :eek:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=overclocking+forums+raid0

my concern [not even having gotten cam yet]
is that because its an array and the camera is viewed as drive
could entail prob?

just want new cam to work :cool:
Sometimes - quite often in fact - I can be totally blind to what people are trying to tell me and this may well be one of them - so please bear with me!

Later versions of DOS and all versions of Windows are able to determine and allocate the next available drive letter to any hardware that's seen as a drive of some sort. That applies to multiple hard drives, ROMs, removeable media etc., and so with that in mind, I can't imagine what the problem would be simply because you're using raid technology - which by the way, has been around for more years than I'd care to count :eek: It's hardly something new to rave about.

Maybe looking at it like this helps: How is the raid array seen by your PC? Is it installed locally to your PC or is it a shared device with multiple users in another part of the world? If it's seen by Windows as for example your H:\ (for "Home" drive) with maybe your local hard drive as the typical C:\ configuration and you have admin privileges for installing executable software on the array then I still don't see what the problem is ... Install it on the C:\ drive no problems. But as I say, it's quite likely that I'm not grasping what you're trying to ask - in which case, I'll apologise in advance!

automaton2
10-05-2004, 09:54 AM
thanks again for answering :eek:

i hear what your saying about the raid

im saving every penny for new camera and would hate to find some glitch after purchase
thats really all ;)

feel better given your reply :D