PDA

View Full Version : Quirks with new fz20

Otis Spunkmeyer
10-01-2004, 07:12 PM
I am new to your forum so please bear with me. I just recently purchased an fz20 and really like it. But I have a few questions about it. Sometimes when using the review button on the jog dial it doesn't respond. If I "fiddle" with the controls I can get it to work, but it will do it again. Sometimes when in review mode it will not respond every time when using the left or right arrow on the jog dial. Not all the time but every now and then. Are these "computer glitches" or should I be worried that I have a defect.

Please help
Thanks

Jayde
10-02-2004, 05:41 AM
hi
poss camera prob take it back for them to see it..

judge9847
10-02-2004, 06:41 AM
hey
i got a j/k for you tooo...
SICK JOKE DELETED BY JUDGE9847
u had a laff go away !
You may be right assuming this to be a wind up but frankly, I don't actually see too much in the post that suggests it is. If it's the name you're worried about that you need to know that it is the brand name of an American food industry service company with a well-built web site. Perhaps it's not too good an idea to let English perceptions get in the way. :o Click here to visit it. (http://www.spunkmeyer.com/)

To reply to the query: I have an FZ10 and if the functionality is the same, I would suggest that there might be something wrong. If there's an exceptionally large file on the camera's memory card there may be a delay with the camera taking its time to put it to review. But there wouldn't normally be such a large file.

You say you fiddle with the controls. When you do that, does it work EVERY time or is it perhaps a random push-this, push-that type of thing.

On the face of it, you COULD have a problem and you may need to get it sorted before early warranties expire.

Hope that helps.

(And I still don't know what a "j/k" is ... :confused:

Stegnation
10-02-2004, 06:55 AM
doesn't it mean "just kidding"?

Jayde
10-02-2004, 07:46 AM
gut reaction solly judge.. could be a fault..

judge9847
10-02-2004, 11:07 AM
doesn't it mean "just kidding"?
... maybe, but in this case it wouldn't fit.

In any case, why do we have to communicate in some form of shorthand that's mostly lost on a lot of people? This is a wonderful site populated by people who have a great deal of experience they are willing to share with the rest of the world. I'd guess that a lot of people who visit don't have English as their first language and will therefore make the best of it that they can. We need to be as clear as we can in what we're saying, in respect to them.

I just think that to shorten/corrupt the language further doesn't do anyone any favours. But then, I'm an old fogie, a TOG, a crinklie ... ;)

Otis Spunkmeyer
10-02-2004, 02:38 PM
:) Thanks for the input. I just got back from Circuit City where I exchanged the camera for another one. I am so glad I did. The new one works really well. Or maybe it works the way it should have originally. Anyway I just love the fz20. It is a great camera and I will share some photos in the near future. Thanks again for the input.

By the way, Otis Spunkmeyer has the best cookies anywhere. :D

D70FAN
10-02-2004, 04:21 PM
:) Thanks for the input. I just got back from Circuit City where I exchanged the camera for another one. I am so glad I did. The new one works really well. Or maybe it works the way it should have originally. Anyway I just love the fz20. It is a great camera and I will share some photos in the near future. Thanks again for the input.

By the way, Otis Spunkmeyer has the best cookies anywhere. :D

Yay! I really like a happy ending. And it took less than a page. Yu guys are getting good. ;)

Now "Otis" You need to change your frown to a smiley face...