PDA

View Full Version : Is it really that much better?

kaykay
10-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Wasn't sure if I should post this in the Olympus forum or not. I have looked at several reviews for the Olympus C-8080 wide zoom and C-5060 wide zoom.
Just speaking in terms of picture quality only, I have read the C-8080 is
"out standing" and the C-5060 is "very good". Can some one tell me if the 8080's photo's really look that much better?
Should I spend the extra money for the 8080 or stay with the 5060?
Thanks, KayKay

Rhys
10-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Wasn't sure if I should post this in the Olympus forum or not. I have looked at several reviews for the Olympus C-8080 wide zoom and C-5060 wide zoom.
Just speaking in terms of picture quality only, I have read the C-8080 is
"out standing" and the C-5060 is "very good". Can some one tell me if the 8080's photo's really look that much better?
Should I spend the extra money for the 8080 or stay with the 5060?
Thanks, KayKay

If you need to be told whether the image quality is better with one camera than with another then there's so little difference that it doesn't make much odds as to which you get. I am, of course, assuming that you have tried both cameras.

kaykay
10-01-2004, 12:27 PM
I have'nt had the chance to try out either camera. I'm going at this blind folded, I guess you could say. I have only read reviews and asked questions here. I don't have any type of camera store around to really get hands on. I do have a best buy 2 hours away. I was able to stop by there a while back, but they didn't have either camera on display, and I didn't get much help from the guy. I have been decided on the 5060, I was just thinking if the 8080 produced better photos, maybe I should think about going for it. This is my first big digi camera purchase and I just want to be happy once it's in my hands. Thanks for your advice, KayKay