PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for simple flash dimmer?

stevage
10-18-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone had suggestions for how to tame the flash on my Fuji Finepix F10. It's just a bit too strong sometimes in medium-low light. I tried putting my finger over it, which created a very interesting red light cast over everything :)

Maybe a bit of white paper? Ideas anyone?

Steve

Norm in Fujino
10-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Hi all,
Wondering if anyone had suggestions for how to tame the flash on my Fuji Finepix F10. It's just a bit too strong sometimes in medium-low light. I tried putting my finger over it, which created a very interesting red light cast over everything :)

Steve

For a regular off-camera flash the Q'n D (quick and dirty) method is to tape a piece of paper bulging over the front of the flash, but on a small pocket digicam, you'd hardly have room. Does it have any flash output adjustment? If so, that's the logical first place to look.

Clyde
10-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

Steve

Here is a sentence I never would have expected to write:

How about a single ply of two ply toilet paper? As Norm suggested, taped over the flash...

Just an idea...

Clyde

roxydog
10-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Gidday Steve
Read a good tip off someone somewhere,if you can find one of those opaque film cannisters-cut end off and slice the length,it can clamp itself over the flash and diffuse the light pretty well.
Note:this was used on an S2 pop-up flash
Cheers Dom