PDA

View Full Version : tripod

kcyho
10-16-2005, 11:37 PM
hi

not sure if this is the right place to post, or if this has been answered somewhere... ima newbie.

but I have a shoulder bag for my camera. I also have a tripod.
From your experience what is the best way to carry a tripod around? Back-pack? one of those expensive tripod bags? some new way to hook it to your shoulder bag?

anyone have any ingenious way of adding a makeshift 'handle' on the tripod for easy carrying?

Norm in Fujino
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM
hi

not sure if this is the right place to post, or if this has been answered somewhere... ima newbie.

but I have a shoulder bag for my camera. I also have a tripod.
From your experience what is the best way to carry a tripod around? Back-pack? one of those expensive tripod bags? some new way to hook it to your shoulder bag?
anyone have any ingenious way of adding a makeshift 'handle' on the tripod for easy carrying?

Obviously it depends on the size of the tripod. There are a number of ways, tho. I have a case for one tripod (not that expensive, tho I bought it 20 years ago), and a shoulder strap for another one. The strap is made by Velbon, with an adjustable cord loop at one end (for the tripod head), and an adjustable click-lock (don't know what to call it) strap at the other end that goes around the legs. I can carry it over my shoulder. When hiking as usual, though, I usually just mount the camera on the t-pod and balance the t-pod over one shoulder.

Any way you look at it, tho, carrying a tripod isn't very comfortable.

Kuroyume
10-21-2005, 04:03 PM
i used to carry my tripod under the flap of my meesenger bag, since i used to go picture taking after classes...

Fred
10-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Like Norm, I usually use a shoulder strap when hiking. For very short walks I will mount the camera to the tripod and carry that way, but it usually makes me too nervous about banging the camera on something to carry it any great distance.