PDA

View Full Version : Casio Exilim P600 Opinions

oxalyn
07-01-2004, 08:15 PM
Hello -

I'm considering the purchase of the Exilim P600 because of its feature set, size, remote control, and image quality. However, on the third point, several owners have complained about focussing problems and some underexposed shots.

If you own a P600, I'd love to hear about your experiences. Thanks!

Eric M. Williams
Seattle-ish, WA, US

Miguel Angel Aleman
07-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Hello Eric

It seems that you are yet to receive any feedback on the image quality of
the Casio EX-P600 from the members of this forum.

I am also interested on the features of this camera. Please let me know if you have learned anything else by any other means.

From previous postings, It seems that there are some issues regarding:

1) "dead" pixels (some have gone through 3 cameras before getting one without these problem).

2) exposure (under or over - I can rememebr right now).

I would appreciate related comments from anyone.

Thanks

Miguel Angel Aleman

speaklightly
07-26-2004, 03:05 PM
While this digital camera came to the market with a great deal of fanfare, the reviews have been sort of luke warm. The P600 is also somewhat over price when compared against the competition.

Sarah Joyce

misterMe
05-15-2005, 01:40 AM
I've been repairing Casio Cameras for many years, and there have been significant advances in technology from the first digital stills back in the early 90's. The EX-P600 is not the end-all camera, however, it's durable! I have repaired few of these since their introduction. Most often I see their problems coming from users with clumsy hands dropping them while the lens is extended, causing lens damage. Thankfully, the lens unit is available from CASIO and can be replaced with an hour or two of bench time.
Overall, I give the EX-P600 a perfect rating for the photographer seeking a camera that's field ready and durable.
Please visit my site for more information on CASIO Camera repairs (http://casiorepairs.com).
Thanks,