PDA

View Full Version : Only certain EX-Z750s have issues

netvizier
10-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I've been reading alot about some fairly common quality issues with regard to the EX-Z750. From what I can tell reading various forums, some units are made in China and others are made in Japan.

Are the quality issues more frequent in the units from China or Japan?

Do the boxes for the EX-Z750 indicate where it was manufactured so that one can avoid the problematic batch?

Thanks,

nv

doctorjerry
10-29-2005, 05:23 PM
I've been reading alot about some fairly common quality issues with regard to the EX-Z750. From what I can tell reading various forums, some units are made in China and others are made in Japan.

Are the quality issues more frequent in the units from China or Japan?

Do the boxes for the EX-Z750 indicate where it was manufactured so that one can avoid the problematic batch?

Thanks,

nv

From everything I have read and from simply handling the camera the problem is mostly associated with the lens being obstructed when trying to open. This most frequently happens when the lens is opened not by the use of the power on button but from hitting the camera or playback buttons on back. These are set to turn the camera on without having to press the on button. Putting these cameras in a pocket can easily result in the button being hit and the lens being restricted from opening and getting a error message. This feature can be turned off in the set up mode and I think you will avoid the problem. I have not heard of problems associated with the location of the manufacturing site.

Jerry

Donato777
10-29-2005, 10:08 PM
For the price of this model - and I admit it has many, many desirable features - why should a buyer even have to worry about taking special steps to avoid a lens error problem? As a consumer, I want the camera I purchase to work properly without my having to tweak settings or anything else. That is not asking too much when you dish out several hundred bucks. :rolleyes:

explorer
11-18-2005, 09:57 PM
For the price of this model - and I admit it has many, many desirable features - why should a buyer even have to worry about taking special steps to avoid a lens error problem? As a consumer, I want the camera I purchase to work properly without my having to tweak settings or anything else. That is not asking too much when you dish out several hundred bucks. :rolleyes:

special steps? no, it's not a special step to turn OFF the feature. casio turned it ON in its default setting and the user has the option to turn it OFF. it's not a special step that the owner must have to undertake. the problem with those who encountered a lens error problem, they don't even bother to read the manuals and how each function of their camera works. and when the lens error message appears, they blame the camera for their ignorance.

casio z750 target market are those photo enthusiasts who wanted to have tons of manual controls in an ultra compact digicam. this camera is not for people who don't want to make any adjustment in their camera setting. there are so many !diot-proof camera out there if you wouldn't want to touch any camera setting...and casio z750 is not one of them.

wtffdiz
12-25-2005, 02:51 AM
so u are saying that if i turn off the lens error option as soon as i receive the camera, i can avoid the problem completely? can anyone validate this?

ReF
12-28-2005, 04:25 AM
special steps? no, it's not a special step to turn OFF the feature. casio turned it ON in its default setting and the user has the option to turn it OFF. it's not a special step that the owner must have to undertake. the problem with those who encountered a lens error problem, they don't even bother to read the manuals and how each function of their camera works. and when the lens error message appears, they blame the camera for their ignorance.

casio z750 target market are those photo enthusiasts who wanted to have tons of manual controls in an ultra compact digicam. this camera is not for people who don't want to make any adjustment in their camera setting. there are so many !diot-proof camera out there if you wouldn't want to touch any camera setting...and casio z750 is not one of them.

i agree explorer. BTW i like those images you post in the gallery.

donato777: "I want the camera I purchase to work properly without my having to tweak settings or anything else"

the camera does work "properly". the camera is made so that you can change settings if you want - that's why they are there. if you don't want to change the settings or read the manual it's not anyone else's responsibility. i should point out that with cameras in particular, the more you spend the more settings are available and left to the user to manually adjust. if you want everything pre-adjusted for you, the lower cost "point and shoot" cameras are where you should look. just remember that with less adjustable functions you're stuck if you don't like the default settings.

dangermouse
01-01-2006, 01:47 AM
so u are saying that if i turn off the lens error option as soon as i receive the camera, i can avoid the problem completely? can anyone validate this?
No, unfortunately lens error issues can still occur if you are unlucky enough.
As mentioned earlier, this occurs when an obstruction (e.g. a hand) is placed in front of the protruding lens during start up. This happens most commonly when the power button is inadvertently activated inside a carry case.
You can minimise this from happening by:
1) Turning off the play/record button as automatic power on in the set up
2) Turning the dial to "audio" mode whenever its not being used so that the power on button is also deactivated
3) And of course, take care not to place your fingers in front of the lens during start up.
Hope this helps.
I've had so far for 2 months and luckily, I haven't encountered the any lens error problem yet (fingers crossed!)