PDA

View Full Version : EX-Z120 better than EX-Z750

netvizier
10-07-2005, 12:05 AM
The EX-Z120 has "a new anti shake DSP (digital signal processor) provides greater sensitivity. A faster shutter speed makes images brighter and reduces the chance of image blur due to camera or subject movement." (http://exilim.casio.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=popups.home&PUP_ID=28961e56-7aba-40f0-b282-1ccff6bd3ff9)

In contrast, the EX-Z750 seems to have an older DSP without the anti-shake feature.

Does this mean that the new EX-Z120 will produce higher quality photographs than the EX-Z750?

L. F. Brown
10-11-2005, 10:25 PM
As far as I have been able to find out, the Z120, 110, and 10 are limited to two aperature settings, not a range. And the pixel count for the LCD on each is woefully inadequate. I think, once again, the manufacturer has thrown in some juicy tidbits but basically served us up mush. So no, I don't think the Z120 and cousins are better cameras than the Z750. At least I won't be ordering one until I see some professional reviews - which we may never see because I don't think the professional world takes Casio seriously.

doctorjerry
10-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I hate to bust bubbles but here price IS a clear indication of which camera is better. Forget about the "image stabilization" since these are all electronic not optical and therefore what they do is DETERIORATE the final image by using what I believe to be a program that blends the shakiness. Sort of using a sharpening (or unsharpening) mask in a heavy handed way.

I have been comparing these two babies for a while and finally bought it. The ability to fine tune my pictures is a real plus for me and that is why the Z-750 won out. It has some (albeit limited) manual controls. May I refere you to http://www.kenrockwell.com/casio/exz750.htm Kenrock is a professional photographer who seems to get great enjoyment on bubble busting and thus acquires many distractors. While I don't agree with some of what he says, he is right on in many areas.

I'll be happy to discuss this further after I really get to play with this baby. I currently own a Digital Rebel, a Canon S1 IS, have own a Panasonic FZ 1, Olympus 3000 plus a few other digitals as well in the far distant past. I wanted a camera I could put in my shirt pocket and not hang on my waist or around my neck

DoctorJerry