PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Photo?

rebecca575
09-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Anyone done business with Butterfly Photo? Reviews on their site sound good, but ...

I have found the Nikon Coolpix 8700 (sold just about everywhere for $999) priced at $668 with a $200 rebate, making it $468... says it includes a USA MFG warranty and that it is brand new, lists the including components listed on Nikon's website. So what's the catch? Seems too good to be true? But an offer hard to pass on.

Jayde
09-29-2004, 04:01 AM
rebecca575
Using a credit card protects you (in uk @ least ) make sure delivery is recorded or pay door to door > by security co..
but
Buy somthin small first as a test
always pay by phone if poss..
talk to the manager may be a woman :)
good luck !

was nikon feedback positive ?
are you sure ?
FZ3 is cute and you will always wonder
plz try both somplace 1st

rebecca575
09-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Hi Jayde - What? Are you following me around this forum? ;)

I havent posted anything in the Nikon forum - read thru it to see what was said about the 8700, not much. Haven't really decided on one or the other for sure but the $200 rebate for the Nikon requires me to buy it by 9/30/04 so in a bit of a hurry to figure things out. I'm still considering the Pana FZ20, (not the FZ3 because it's only 3mp and i need more than that).

TLphoto
09-29-2004, 11:15 AM
rebecca575

I bought a Minolta 7Hi from them a year ago. Shortly after I made the online purchase, a sales representative called to sell me an extended service contract. He applauded my decision to my the 7Hi saying he had it too (BS!). The camers came damaged with a bent pin inside the compact flash slot. They would not take it back and told me to send it back to Minolta. I did and Minolta did fix it but those Butterfly people do not stand behind their products. I later was told that it was a (and this is where I learned of the term) grey market camera.

Reminisce
10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
They are decent people, they DO try to sale you other items, its apart of their business, but they are reliable from my experience. I ordered my Canon EOS 300D from them, and they called the next day to confirm and try to sell me accessories. I told them no thanks and they tried to process it. I had a problem with my CC and a lady called to help me clear it up, so I used my Check Card and she processed it right then and there and shipped it off for me.

Only warning I want to give you is, when I first went shopping for my Nikon 5700 a long time ago, they were one of the companies I spotted cause they had it for like 400 something listed. The thing is they list the price AFTER rebate, but they will call you and tell you the actual price without the rebate.

I dont know about returning items from them cause I never had to, but long as you're buying straight, they are good people.