PDA

View Full Version : Olympus D-SLR question

wingsley
10-01-2005, 08:38 PM
With the pending release of the new Olympus EVOLT E-500 digital SLR camera, I am looking at the possibility or phasing out an old, fixed-lens Olympus digicam. I have a question:

Does Olympus offer any charging accesories, such as a cigarette lighter adaptor for charging an Evolt battery while on the road?

Norm in Fujino
10-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Does Olympus offer any charging accesories, such as a cigarette lighter adaptor for charging an Evolt battery while on the road?

I don't see one listed on the Olympus site:
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_digital_acc.asp?val1=1&accessory=2

However, be aware that the batteries last a very long time, and if you carry an extra you should have enough for hundreds, if not thousands, of shots before needing recharging (YMMV).

charli
10-16-2005, 07:25 AM
a cheap power inverter for cig.plug,just plug the ac charger in
charli

FireSerpent
11-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I bought an extra battery for about $20 with shipping included. You can always use the inverter to charge on the go and keep your backup on the charger. Also, I'd recommend getting the faster CF cards (like the Extreme III) with this camera... sure it won't matter when transfering pics from cards to the computer, but it does help when taking pics.

RAKU, FireSerpent

ardklg
11-04-2005, 12:53 PM
For my C-8080 (which uses the same battery) I picked up a spare charger and battery on eBay (non-Olympus brand that works just fine) which came with both an AC adapter and car adapter. With shipping it was less than $40.