PDA

View Full Version : Casio Repair (QV3500)

JRGOSPOD
09-28-2004, 03:28 AM
I have a QV3500 that I just sent To Casio for repair. The local camera repair shop said that Casio will not sell him parts. The local shop thinks that a bad ribbon cable that has a short; causing it to sometimes not work when I try to take pictures. I sent it to Casio and they want $273.43 to fix it (Flat Repair Charge). This tells me that they do not repair the cameras but just sell you a new one at cost. Not what I wanted. Thanks for any help!

John

Rhys
09-30-2004, 12:33 PM
I have a QV3500 that I just sent To Casio for repair. The local camera repair shop said that Casio will not sell him parts. The local shop thinks that a bad ribbon cable that has a short; causing it to sometimes not work when I try to take pictures. I sent it to Casio and they want $273.43 to fix it (Flat Repair Charge). This tells me that they do not repair the cameras but just sell you a new one at cost. Not what I wanted. Thanks for any help!

John

Well, at $80 per hour for an electronic engineer to look at at camera and given that it would take probably about that for him to strip it down, diagnose the fault and make a repair (assuming a repair was possible) plus the cost of handling etc, I'd say that $273 is a bargain.

misterMe
10-04-2004, 03:14 AM
I was an authorized service provider for CASIO for many years. I closed the company about 3 years ago due to a personal tragedy in my life. I'm currently repairing CASIO products part time, with all the leftover parts I have in storage.
I can probably repair your camera for about $100.

Casio will send you a Refurbished camera if you pay the $273 fee.

Visit my site for repair info.
Thanks.
Tim

http://casiorepairs.com

drpaul
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I saw Tim's post and gave him a try with a cracked LCD screen. He was quick, efficient and a lot less than 'big place" quotes". Plus he kept me informed of the staus of the camera at all times in the transaction. Highly recommended and I do not know him nor are we related in any way!!

drpaul