PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy A95 in Miami???

CanonManiac
09-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Im from Argentina (South America) and i would like to buy the canon a95!!.
A friend is going to miami in two weeks and i will give him the money for buying me the canon, you wont belive but here in argentina the camera is 900 u$s at the highes and 590 u$s the lower, ITS INSANE.
I dont know any store so if anyone can give me some advise of a good trust store for buying a digital camera in miami? because ive been told that there is a famous street full of electronics stores but that there are not so trustfull.
i know my english is a mess :(
hope u could help me!! and give me some advise were to buy and where not to buy!!!!
C ya.

V_Dub1605
09-27-2004, 12:38 PM
I believe they have it at best buy for $399. hope this helps.

german_arg
09-27-2004, 01:32 PM
I`m also from Argentina and also have a friend that travelled to Miami, and I also chose this camera . I found that the best way to buy it was B&H online(not the best price but it "feels" secure from Argentina, because it is an old photo store in NY) and send it to another friend`s house there in Miami (you cannot send packages to hotels). It was u$s 360. And a Sandisk Ultra II 1Gb for u$s 99. And u$s 18 for an 2-Day UPS delivery service. That was my choice (I`m still wainting for my friend to come back).
I think If you buy it in a store you will pay u$s400 for the camera and 120/130 for the memory card.
I hope this answer could help you.
In Argentina you can buy it for u$s 500 in mercadolibre.com or deremate.com .

Regards,
German

CanonManiac
09-27-2004, 01:33 PM
i know but me friend doesnt live there, he is just going for a bussines trip.

CanonManiac
09-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I`m also from Argentina and also have a friend that travelled to Miami, and I also chose this camera . I found that the best way to buy it was B&H online(not the best price but it "feels" secure from Argentina, because it is an old photo store in NY) and send it to another friend`s house there in Miami (you cannot send packages to hotels). It was u$s 360. And a Sandisk Ultra II 1Gb for u$s 99. And u$s 18 for an 2-Day UPS delivery service. That was my choice (I`m still wainting for my friend to come back).
I think If you buy it in a store you will pay u$s400 for the camera and 120/130 for the memory card.
I hope this answer could help you.
In Argentina you can buy it for u$s 500 in mercadolibre.com or deremate.com .

Regards,
German

Gracias por la respuesta!, si podes contactate conmigo por msn billie_ivy@hotmail.com asi te consulto un par de dudas que tengo!
si no tenes msn mandame un mail
saludos!

Omikron77
09-28-2004, 06:57 AM
I got my A85 there for pretty much as cheap as I could find it online. I always buy online. You get ripped off by places like Best Buy.....go there to hold the camera and check out the features but I never buy from there if I can avoid it.

FAUguy
09-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Try BrandsMart. They have a few stores in South FL.
You can call them first to see if they sell the A95.
www.brandsmart.com

CanonManiac
09-29-2004, 08:24 PM
thanks everyone for your advice!!
what do you think about www.newegg.com ?

Jim
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM
thanks everyone for your advice!!
what do you think about www.newegg.com ?

I have used Newegg.com on a number of occasions for computer parts and have been very happy with their service. They ship the order fast, and if there is any problem with the item, they have no problem replacing it...and at their own cost (i.e., they pay the shipping cost). From what I have seen, they also have very good prices.

Good luck finding a store! :)

CanonManiac
09-30-2004, 06:49 PM
thanks a lot Jim! :D