PDA

View Full Version : V550 movie mode problem

Joao Santos
09-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Hi!

I have a problem with videos shot with my V550 at a resolution of 640x480. The problem is that after recording about 10s (maybe until the buffer is full) the videos stop being smooth and seem to drop some frames from time to time, producing videos that seem 'jumpy'.

This is particularly noticeable when shooting videos in a panning (horizontal) movement through a scenario. This happens when playing back the video in more than one computer, and also on the camera. I've also tried two different SD cards (both high speed), and the internal memory of the camera with the same result.

Does anyone else know of this problem? Is it likely to be fixed? I am, otherwise, happy with the camera, but taking good videos was one of the things that led me to choose this camera, and am rather disappointed.

If possible I would like to ask other users who feel this is also a problem for them, or who have also noticed this problem, to contact Kodak regarding this matter and pushing them into trying to solve it!