PDA

View Full Version : SD card Problems in Kodak 3390. Please Help!

strikers041
09-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I have a Kodak 3390 and 256 MB Scandisk SD card and 512 Toshiba SD card. the Scandisk card works flawlessly without any problem. However, there is a problem with my Toshiba card. I have nearly 400 photos on this 512MB Toshiba SD card. When I hooked up the camera to the PC to transfer those photo on the Toshiba card to the PC, it did transfer about 60% then an error message prompted " error on disk, the transfering is termintated..." Desperately, I left the camera hooked up to the PC and accessed the SD card in the camera via the PC. On the PC, when I clicked on the SDcard drive, it showed all the photos. I was able to copy and paste to my pc harddrive all the photos by that method. I just can not figure out why it would not transfer the way it supposes to be with this Toshiba SD card. My Scandisk SD card has never had any problems like this. Any help is greatly appreciated

D70FAN
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I have a Kodak 3390 and 256 MB Scandisk SD card and 512 Toshiba SD card. the Scandisk card works flawlessly without any problem. However, there is a problem with my Toshiba card. I have nearly 400 photos on this 512MB Toshiba SD card. When I hooked up the camera to the PC to transfer those photo on the Toshiba card to the PC, it did transfer about 60% then an error message prompted " error on disk, the transfering is termintated..." Desperately, I left the camera hooked up to the PC and accessed the SD card in the camera via the PC. On the PC, when I clicked on the SDcard drive, it showed all the photos. I was able to copy and paste to my pc harddrive all the photos by that method. I just can not figure out why it would not transfer the way it supposes to be with this Toshiba SD card. My Scandisk SD card has never had any problems like this. Any help is greatly appreciated

It sounds like camera memory interface/driver miscue. Sometimes timing in the camera doesn't match up well with an individual memory type. My advice is to use an external card reader all the time, and not connect the camera as your download device.

strikers041
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Thanks a lot!