PDA

View Full Version : Kodak DX7590

linstadt
09-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi, just bought this new easy share digital. I've have 2 questions: 1. when I had in zoom mode but not taking a picture yet, I kept hearing a clicking noise. Thought it may be the autofocus I had it in, kept refocusing? But I haven't been able to reproduce the noise again. (I keep in autofocus now, just learning) 2. when I got home from taking about 60 pictures, when I loaded on the camera dock and on a card reader, had corrupted files and couldn't download anything. According to a recovery demo, it read about 57 pictures. Is the clicking noise something??

ANy advice?? I have a hugh event 10/3, my grandma's 99th birthday and can't afford not to get these pictures.

I've had problems with SanDisk compact flash and now the SD card-both with corrupted files, is it the product sandisk?

I've reformated the SD and been taking pictures and OK for now. HELP.

Atindra
09-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Linstadt,
It seems the problem of card. The sound which you hear while autofocus can be a sound of autofocus lock motor. Which does several cycles to find best focus and then locks it. But the loss of saved image is very serious. First of all check with your camera's internal memory, it has 32mb memory which can give you as many as ~30-35 pics. Check another SD card(for the time being borrow from someone). How did you transfer the images? through card-reader or a usb interface which Kodak provided? If you used card-reader built in your PC or laptop, check also its compatibility with the card which you are inserting.
Atindra

linstadt
09-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks, we used both card reader and the dock. I think I'm just going to stay away from the brand SanDisk.

msam
09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi, just bought this new easy share digital. I've have 2 questions: 1. when I had in zoom mode but not taking a picture yet, I kept hearing a clicking noise. Thought it may be the autofocus I had it in, kept refocusing? But I haven't been able to reproduce the noise again. (I keep in autofocus now, just learning)

You might have had it in continuous A/F which might have caused this behavior.

2. when I got home from taking about 60 pictures, when I loaded on the camera dock and on a card reader, had corrupted files and couldn't download anything. According to a recovery demo, it read about 57 pictures. Is the clicking noise something??

ANy advice?? I have a hugh event 10/3, my grandma's 99th birthday and can't afford not to get these pictures.

I've had problems with SanDisk compact flash and now the SD card-both with corrupted files, is it the product sandisk?

I've reformated the SD and been taking pictures and OK for now. HELP.

I think Atindra's suggestion to try use the internal memory instead of ScanDisk is good.

Atindra
09-27-2004, 01:10 PM
Hi Linstadt,
One more suggestion, never insert or remove memory card when camera is on.
Sandisk is leading brand in flash memories, so I dont think you shoud stay away from it. However I am using very cheap memory cards.
Atindra

jbherri2
01-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi. We just purchased the DX7590 and we, too, hear the clicking noise time and again. If the continous autofocus is turned off, it seems to continue clicking, though not all the time. Any ideas? Thanks.
Jonathan

Cold Snail
01-03-2005, 12:23 PM
It's the aperture changing due to different lighting being picked up by the lens.
The DX6490 does it and mine's been doing it for a year and nothing's broken, it's just one of those things.

TheObiJuan
01-03-2005, 02:23 PM
i also experienced this with my old 6490, it seemed normal to me. what i really hated was the clicking sound of it focusing in video mode, it completly ruined the videos, even with AF off in video mode, it would make noise.