PDA

View Full Version : got new D50

NEL
09-15-2005, 08:38 PM
I am new here. Reading your threads for a month or so. Want to thank all of you for useful info. Helped me to make a choice of my first DSLR.
Just got Sigma 18-200, and D50 this week. Everything looks OK. Just one consern: when rotate the camera in my hands, or shake it gently-something clicking inside slighly, but noticebly. It is not the lens (I tried to remove it).
Could anybody try it and let me know should I worry or not?

thanks.

nwpoland
09-16-2005, 02:32 AM
I wonder if it's the mirror...you can tell by using the mirror lock-up function (p73 of user manual). On the camera go to "Setup" (the wrench) and then "mirror lock-up".

nwpoland
09-16-2005, 02:55 AM
Doh...btw way, congratulations on the purchase. I have the same setup + a speedlight sb-600 and absolutely love it. I upgraded from a canon SD100 P&S and told my wife last night that I can't even think about picking that thing back up...even though it takes fairly good pics. I'm just astounded at the difference in image quality!

NEL
09-16-2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks, I will try it tonight. I thought it could me a mirrow. I checked my old Canon (hope it is not a fighting word here) SLR. It is making similar sounds, slightly weaker.

D70FAN
09-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Thanks, I will try it tonight. I thought it could me a mirrow. I checked my old Canon (hope it is not a fighting word here) SLR. It is making similar sounds, slightly weaker.

Could even be the battery. Pop it out and see if the click goes away.

Nope Canon is spoken here as well.

NEL
09-16-2005, 05:48 PM
It is something in the built-in flash lock mechanizm. When the flash is extended-no clicks. Not a big deal. I am too sensitive about the new toy, I guess.
Thanks all :) :D

K1W1
09-17-2005, 05:23 PM
The slight noise you can hear is probably the orientation sensor. The one the camera uses to auto rotate vertical images. I believe most Nikons with these sensors make a slight noise when shaken gently.

NEL
09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
I think I know what you mean, I can here it too. But I also have some clicks in the flash when it is closed, nothing to worry about as long as it not inside :)