PDA

View Full Version : FZ3 or FZ10?

annaroo
09-26-2004, 06:29 AM
I am looking for a digital camera and have significantly narrowed down my options. I am considering both the FZ3 and the FZ10, but am not sure which is the better choice. ( I don't live where I can go try them out unfortunately). I like the zoom, mega pixels, build and image stabilizer of the FZ10, but in another forum (different site) someone recommended the FZ3 saying it had a new processor making the image quality better, etc. I checked out the review--but it didn't compare the two cameras. I guess the FZ3 has one less megapixel and a not quite a sturdy build. Can someone help me compare the two?
Thanks!! :confused:

D70FAN
09-26-2004, 07:37 AM
I am looking for a digital camera and have significantly narrowed down my options. I am considering both the FZ3 and the FZ10, but am not sure which is the better choice. ( I don't live where I can go try them out unfortunately). I like the zoom, mega pixels, build and image stabilizer of the FZ10, but in another forum (different site) someone recommended the FZ3 saying it had a new processor making the image quality better, etc. I checked out the review--but it didn't compare the two cameras. I guess the FZ3 has one less megapixel and a not quite a sturdy build. Can someone help me compare the two?
Thanks!! :confused:

It's not the build quality that is different. The FZ3 (3MP) was designed to replace the FZ1 (2MP) as a compact ultra-zoom. The FZ15 was introduced to replace the FZ10 (not so compact ultra-zoom), with a few important improvements. The FZ20 is an FZ15 with a 5MP CCD.

All are improved versions of their predicessors. And all are great values.

annaroo
09-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the information George. That was extremely helpful. Now if I can only make a decision! :)

judge9847
09-26-2004, 11:49 AM
How about looking at it like this.

If physical size of the camera isn't an issue then the FZ20. Definitely. Go for the best specified camera.

If it's the greater number of features that are most important then it's still the FZ20.

If it's your budget that's the most important then the FZ3; if cost is of shall we say moderate importance then the FZ15; but if cost isn't that much of an issue for you, it's the FZ20 - again.

Finally, if it helps in any way, I can almost GUARANTEE that the feature or enhancement that you can't possibly think or imagine you'll ever need or use today, you'll be swearing by it tomorrow!!

Whichever you end up choosing, you won't be disappointed. They are GREAT cameras.

annaroo
09-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the input. THose are helpful things to think about. I think I really want the FZ20 but it's about $50 over what I want to spend. So--guess I'll have to do some figuring and see if I can make it work!
Anna :)

Jayde
09-27-2004, 03:45 AM
annaroo
that 50$ is not wasted, go for it :)
you must fit a UV or sky filter but if u intend buying more lens get a 62mm adaptor, quite few now..
here
http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/fz10_comparisons_and_information

makers / all things FZ too
http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/

62mm Xtend-a-Lens.. cos Pemaraal PD/PA62 adapters are out of stock atm

have a look here too
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

:D

annaroo
09-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks for helping me make my decision! I got the FZ20. . .now to get all the accessories--filters, memory cards, etc. . . .
anna

Jayde
09-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Congrats ! :D :) :p
great news..
Injoy the camera 432mm is fun..
hey you have better ver than me.. jeeloos me... haha..