PDA

View Full Version : Does this bother you ?

Jayde
09-26-2004, 04:11 AM
In the pre digital age i had several SLR cameras, nothin specil AE1P & OM10.. 1st thing i always did was buy a SKY filter to warm the image and protect the lens and ferget it..

somhow though having a UV filter on my FZ10 bothers me, now, i know it only makes a small diff/ but combined with all the other settings (ISO set) and white balance (set mainly to cloudy in uk lol. AUTO is a no no) then EV compensated by a -1/3rd at least in most/bright sunlight and then quality settings altered to low this brings me too the the other issue.. so many damn settings how do we allow for all these, ok i know theres recomended settings as i hope im using..

point being, will we ever TRULY know what the image was ?
as against a SLR..

ok, you can say who cares, but the near purest must care or get that niggle of never knowing... like me a bit, its jus that digital does it diff i gess..but did non digital do it accurately ?
do we really have more control than before or not ?
i think so.. but how to apply it..

how much diff does a UV filter on top of the settings make and should we just use a pure plain glass filter ?

fer instance the 1st day i had the FZ10 sun was out (Hoya UV(0) on) so tried few test shots in garden without any changes they were horrid looked over exposed, yuk
I used cloudy setting that fixed it, then ISO even better, but cols needed compensated too tho like flower cols are hard to match (on the EVF).. straight away im aware that using FZ10 is not dead easy niether are DSLR`S i presume with more settings..

need rows of custom settings ha ha.. thas not funny tho, THATS THE POINT HERE..

I intend to try a plain filter soon.. FZ10 can do the rest... tweak tweak.. :)
Great camera tho :) cept no updates GRRR !

Im :cool:

Billiam
09-26-2004, 11:45 AM
point being, will we ever TRULY know what the image was ?
as against a SLR..

Which was correct, Kodachrome or Ektachrome?

Rhys
09-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Which was correct, Kodachrome or Ektachrome?

Or Velvia, Ektar, Konica Chrome, Ilfochrome, Agfachrome etc?

By the time the picture has been developed, there's no way of comparing it with the original using film. With digital, just look at the LCD.