PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Still!

jazzboybenny
09-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Could anyone offer any help/techniques on keeping still when taking photos?
I can always get my body relaxed - it just always seems to be my hands that can't stay still...!

thanks.

John_Reed
09-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Could anyone offer any help/techniques on keeping still when taking photos?
I can always get my body relaxed - it just always seems to be my hands that can't stay still...!

thanks.You didn't say what kind of camera you use. I think that holding your breath and perhaps releasing it slowly as you shoot would help. Another thing I've found that helps me a lot is to use the optical viewfinder (EVF in my case) so that my hands are against my face when shooting. If the problem continues to plague you, of course it helps to shoot in situations where the lighting is better, allowing a faster shutterspeed, which will be less sensitive to your movements. Me, I'm old and somewhat shaky, so I'm helped a lot by using a Panasonic camera (FZ30) with an image stabilizer.

jazzboybenny
09-14-2005, 09:29 AM
nice one. i'm using a fuji S5500 now, so I guess it may be the size/weight that I'm not used to (used to have a tiny A340)...

kornhauser
09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
I find the same technique I used when I used to shoot competion rifle years ago holds perfectly true for the camera.

B.R.A.S.S.

Breathe - Relax - Aim - Slack (half down) - Shoot

stevage
09-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Can I point out the bleeding obvious: if you use the 2 second delayed shot mode (if it exists), you can at least remove the action of pressing the shutter button from the eqation.

Steve

TheObiJuan
09-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Prefocus, use viewfinder, brace elbows against body, gently press shutter release.
Framing with your arms out and fully extended and trying to focus then shoot, with the huge lag most digicams have will most certainly yield out of focus shots.