PDA

View Full Version : Smartmedia card full on cam, nothing on PC

Corvy
09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I've had this camera for about 6 months now, 2nd hand from a friend when she upgraded. Never had a problem with it until today. Took 34 pics (8mb card) for a project at work. Each pic showed up on the LCD for preview, each beeped as it always does when taking a shot. Inserted the card into my reader to copy files to the PC but there was nothing there. When I put the card into the camera it says it's full. My 2nd card took it's few pics and I was able to transfer them to the PC. Is there any way of saving the images that may still be on the card or do I need to start over again? ::please don't say I have to start over, that's a pain in the butt project to take pics of!::

Help is much appreciated!

kgosden
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
YOu might try some of the image recovery programs that are available. Most work pretty well, but they do cost $30 or so. Many offer a trail version that will show what it might be able to recover after you pay the registration fee.

citizen_d
09-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Can you leave the card in the camera and attach the camera itself to the PC via USB?

Cheers,

D

speaklightly
09-11-2005, 08:10 PM
Cory-

Let's see if we can analyze the problem. You spoke of " ...inserted the card into my reader..." Do that mean that you were using a card reader as oppossed to downloading from the camera via cable?

If that is the case, and your card reader read the second card attempted, but not the first, what happened when you put the first card back in the camera? Were you able to read it on the camera?

If you were unable to read the first card when it was once again re-inserted into the camera, then as has been previously suggested, due to something unknown or unstated, the images were erased from the first card. That being the case a data recovery software is needed.

Sarah Joyce

Corvy
09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Okay, in response to all posts...

The media retrieval programs worked. Yay!

I don't have a cable for connecting my camera to the PC so I had to use the card reader. The second card was readable in both the camera and the reader numerous times. I did reformat the first card once, haven't done that with the second card yet and don't think I will either.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Corvy :)