PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Cannon G6 or S60/S70?

dhanu
09-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Hello,

I have decided to buy either the Cannon G6, S60 or S70. I would like to get extended warranty on the camera. I like the hassle-free extended warranty (about 50 odd dollars for 3 more years) that stores like Best Buy offer. Unfortunately, Best Buy does not carry these models. They carry many other Cannon models including ones like the Digital Rebel (I don't understand why they don't carry the above models). Ritz Camera offers extended warranty but at US$80 per year, which is a little too pricey for my taste!

Are there any other options? Or should I just risk buying the camera at an online store with nothing more than the manufacturer's warranty? Makes me a little nervous.. If so, any suggestions for an online store...?

Thanks in advance,
Dhanu...

Javair
09-24-2004, 12:11 PM
dell.com carries all canon models, and thus the ones you mentioned. They do have and extended warranty, but I don't know for how much. This site's (DC Resource's) product reviews show many mail-order shops that sell the cameras, that are reliable, and have better prices than Dell. Dell had a same-as-cash payment plan that most shops listed here do not, if you're interested in that. So, that was just better than my MasterCard Plus, Dell had a sale going that brought the price of their cameras down to the same as the low-price camera shops. Also, I got a 512mb flash memory card for my camera for a mere $54. That's really cheap.

Good Luck

dhanu
09-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info.

I considered Dell at one point. I couldn't figure out whether it was smart to purchase from them. Has anyone had any experience purchasing cameras from Dell.com? If so, how is their extended warranty?

Thanks again,
Dhanu...