PDA

View Full Version : Kodak is unchallanged?

Atindra
09-24-2004, 04:54 AM
When we talk of delivering colors, can anyone beat Kodak's digital cameras?
Atindra

D70FAN
09-24-2004, 07:28 AM
When we talk of delivering colors, can anyone beat Kodak's digital cameras?
Atindra

There is probably nothing I can say that will change your mind. So I won't say yes. :rolleyes:

Atindra
09-24-2004, 10:27 AM
There is probably nothing I can say that will change your mind. So I won't say yes. :rolleyes:
Anyway your response is valuable, thanks.
Atindra

msam
09-26-2004, 10:35 AM
I do like the Kodak colors, but I would not say it is unchallenged. This is by comparing at least two cameras - DX7590 and Panasonic FZ20.

Also, in auto mode with flash on Kodak, I seem to always get a slight blue tinge. It does get corrected in P mode with daylight or open/shade white balance.

I like the way FZ-20 takes photographs in auto-mode + its Image Stablization at ultra zoom + all manual controls. If it had not been the $150 increased price tag of the FZ-20, its size and the design, I might have very well gone for the FZ-20.

Atindra
09-26-2004, 11:02 AM
The images I saw from FZ20 has lot more noise with compared to 7590, that kills sharpness and crisp of images. IS of FZ20 and lowlight focus can be better but for that many would not like to pay 150$. But my emphasize was on colors, and Kodak delivers great in that area.

msam
09-26-2004, 11:29 AM
I just now noticed that Jeff has posted these images for Panasonic FZ-20:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz20-review/gallery.shtml

Oh, by the way now I own a Kodak DX7590 :) and I did find the colors of the two very comparable.

Maybe kodak's was a little bit more saturated - now that I think about it.

Atindra
09-27-2004, 02:13 PM
msam,
You may be right but whenever I saw pics taken by FZ20 they dont look impressive with colors.

judge9847
09-27-2004, 02:46 PM
msam,
You may be right but whenever I saw pics taken by FZ20 they dont look impressive with colors.
Could you provide links to those pictures and may say what it is about the colours that you're not impressed with. There are a lot of people now considering buying the FZ20 so to help them make any final purchasing decisions, that sort of information would be helpful.

Atindra
09-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Could you provide links to those pictures and may say what it is about the colours that you're not impressed with. There are a lot of people now considering buying the FZ20 so to help them make any final purchasing decisions, that sort of information would be helpful.

I have to find them again, so please wait till weekend. But you can check pics on dpreview/forums/kodak talk and on panasonic talk and you may feel the difference.

Atindra
09-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Moreover, I would not like to stop anybody, the reply which I gave to msam was my presonal feeling and I wont force others to feel same.

sharonmg
10-24-2004, 07:20 PM
I've had three Kodak digital cameras -- the most recent was the DC4800 -- before buying a Panasonic FZ20 a couple of weeks ago.

The DX7590 looks like a fine camera, and I agree that Kodak digitals generally have excellent color, especially for outdoor shots (I was not as happy with my DC4800 indoors at low light with flash). 10x vs. 12x optical zoom wasn't a dealbreaker for me, but I really wanted to have manual focus -- I miss that from my film SLR days, and the 7590 doesn't have that.

I'm just getting to know my FZ20, but some of the shots are coming out with nice color.

http://users.rcn.com/leegart/fall4.jpg

Atindra
10-25-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks for sharing, a very nice shot. Yes colors are great too.
Atindra