PDA

View Full Version : Dust under glass?

jdr1234
09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
I have an HP PSC2210. I have a very light coating of dust on the underside of the glass on the scan bed. Is there a way to remove the glass and clean it? It is very noticeable after a scan is made of a picture. On text, it really doesn't mattter.

Anyone ever removed the glass to clean it?

Anthony
09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I have no experiance of that scanner but be careful what you clean the glass with. On my scanner I cleaned the glass with a glass cleaner and the scans came out with an "oil on water" effect all over them. I found out later that the underside of the glass had a special coating that I partialy removed !

Anyway the way I found to get to the glass was the scanner split around the edges and removing some screws in the botoom and a bit of a tap and the scanner came apart.

Anthony

jdr1234
09-03-2005, 04:05 AM
Thanks Bonzo!

When I do take my scanner apart and remove the glass, I will use a mild soap detergent liquid and water to clean it.

kgosden
09-04-2005, 09:16 PM
You might not even want to do any fluid based cleaning. I have found that most leave a bit of residue or some streaking. That might even attract more dust or be sticky on a molecular/dust level. On top of the glass you at least get to try again. Why not just get a good fresh can of air and blast the glass?

jdr1234
09-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah, that would probably be better than liquid-thanks!