PDA

View Full Version : BuyDig.com

Treasuredude
09-23-2004, 06:06 PM
These guys have a pretty good price and have lots of good feedback. Anyone here ever deal with them? I'm looking to order the Canon A95.

jtg728
09-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Just purchased a DiMAGE A2 from them. Good company to deal with. Easy transaction and fast delivery.

neledoc
10-08-2004, 04:34 PM
I've just purchased a Kodak easyshare dx7590 from BuyDig for $437. Arrived in 3 days. I'm very pleased with the service.

mrh130
10-19-2004, 05:33 AM
Bought a Canon S50 from them about 6 months ago for myself and a Canon A75 for my Brother-in-Law's birthday last month. No complaints on either transaction. Had the items I ordered in 2 days each time and in good condition.

Robert
10-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Have these folks changed their tactics? Their prices have always been decent but time was when they used to call the customer to "confirm" their order and then try and sell you everything from extra batteries to those near worthless warranties. Just curious!

Rhys
10-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Isn't it interesting how everybody who's praised buydig.com is making their first post?

Jeff Keller
10-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Isn't it interesting how everybody who's praised buydig.com is making their first post?

I wouldn't read into that much, Rhys, we have new forums and everyone's just signing up. BuyDig has excellent reviews:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2065.html
http://dcresource.pricegrabber.com/rating_getreview.php/retid=26

Potts92
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
I did not have good results with buydig.com. I was happy about the price of an oly c770, placed my order, but noticed I was missing a letter in my email, my fault. I called right away and told them the situation, I was passed to three different persons before the last person told me it was "corrected." After four days I tried logging on and could not, so I used the incorrect email address and it logged me in which gave the status of my order - processing. I called buydig.com and they told me that the camera would not be shipped until "maybe the end of the week," this would have been 8 business days. I told the rep I wanted to cancel the order and I would redo, since they still did not have my email correct. Rep took down my email, again, told me he would send cancelation notice to my email, its been 3 days and no varification of cancellation. So I did not reorder, waiting to see if it gets straighten out.

At digitalfotoclub.com, camera was $6.00 more, however the xD cards were roughly $20.00 less. I do not know much about this site.

I am now looking at the Kodak dx7590 again. For me its the oly or the kodak, jeeeeez.

rebecca575
10-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I just bought my Pana FZ20 from BuyDig.com and have no complaints. Order arrived quickly and in good form. They dont call to 'confirm' and try to sell you more things. Price wasn't the absolute cheapest on the web, but to get what you want without getting hassled or taken, it's a good deal. Definitely recommended!

lea
11-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I just ordered a Panasonic FZ3 from them. I haven't received it yet, so I can't say how the experience was. I do, however, want to point out that when I went to checkout, my internet security warning came up and said that the security certificate did not match the name. This clued me in that they might be selling under multiple names, so I did a search with their address and came up with Beach Camera under the same address. I checked Beach Camera's reviews and they were similar (4.5 stars), but did have a few nasty negatives. This made me a little nervous, but I went ahead and ordered anyway, cause their ratings seemed to be as good as most everyone elses online. I hope I'm not sorry.

Fred
11-02-2004, 08:34 AM
yes, Beach Camera and BuyDig.com are owned by the same folks. Beach sells online and has a retail store in Greenbrook, NJ. I have never ordered from BuyDig, but have ordered from Beach (mail order) in the past. First order went off w/o a hitch. Second order had some problems, but a phone call and lengthy discussion did ultimately fix things.

Treasuredude
11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
I ordered it Sunday night. I got a confirmation email on Monday with tracking number. Scheduled for delivery on Thurday.

I obviously don't have the camera yet but everything has gone smooth so far.

LaJeanne
11-03-2004, 01:29 PM
I purchased an Olympus C770 UZ from them (awesome camera, by the way). I received my order in two days in excellent condition. No shipping charges and an unbelievably low price for camera. I have siince order several accessories with equally fast delivery (2 days). Watch the accessories prices, though -- I'm not sure they are the lowest on the web! May be, but I'm not sure! Enjoy your new camera, wherever you purchase it!

These guys have a pretty good price and have lots of good feedback. Anyone here ever deal with them? I'm looking to order the Canon A95.

hkrautter
11-03-2004, 06:58 PM
I'll add my two cents. I've purchased 2 digital cameras from them in the past year and no they didn't call me up to try to sell me more stuff. I also couldn't find one of the receipts and they mailed me a copy. Shipped my cameras same day I ordered them.

Henry

lea
11-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Ordered Pan FZ3 on Monday, received it today - very fast. No problems there. Camera did not seem to be "factory sealed" - box was not taped shut, nor was battery or charger, but other accessories were taped shut in bags. Also, there was a Canadian warranty in box, but no sign of US.
Called buydig. Wait time was reasonable. He claimed that warranty card was not needed in US and warranty would work anyway?! Tried to convince me that the box was how it came, but I pointed out that coincidentally only the camera and battery/charger were not taped and he offered to either exchange the camera or give me a free 3 year warranty. I wondered to myself what benefit a 3-year warranty was when I don't even have a 1-year warranty, but I just asked for another FZ-3. We are shipping the camera back today and I will post back the results.

aarontgd
11-11-2004, 12:37 PM
I looked at buying a FZ20 from buydig.com. I emailed them because the silver is 500 and the black body is 520. They stated the reason for the difference is the demand for the black body one. No other site does this. I still may go thru buydig just because they are not pushy at all unlike other sites I have checked