PDA

View Full Version : Casio

number
08-29-2005, 11:44 PM
hi,

Unfortunately after a clumsy move, my new casio exilim Z57 fell on my foot, it didn't bang on the floor or anything hard, however the result is that it doesn't switch on. I hear a noice when I press ON, the green led is on but nothing.

I don't trust any specialized place to repair it, there is nothing to repair and actually I'm quite familiar with technology, so I was wondering if there is anyone out there with the same camera who happens to know it quite well and could tell me from where to start troubleshooting.
Thank you very much!!

number
09-02-2005, 11:21 PM
I think it is the lens mechanism which was damaged, I'd really like to know the price of it, what exactly needs to be replaced.
See, at the techsupport shop they cut it short saying that if the price of the repair will exceed 200 euros, they will let me know.
I mean, are they crazy? 200 euros? for a camera that costs 280 euros? This is a legalized robbery.
So at least I'd like to be prepared and tell them that eventually I could provide for the broken mechanism by myself (and spend whatever there is to spend, I'm sure they'd overcharge me if they had to purchase it themselves) and they would only have to fix it.
Do you guys have any idea of where I could buy it? What do you think?