PDA

View Full Version : 20D Overexposure with strobes, HELP!

furmanphoto
09-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Just got my wonderful 20D and am trying to get it to work properly with my 20D My 10D Strobe shots come out beautiful, but the 20D are always overexposed. I have 2 Hensel strobes throttled down all the way, 50mm 1.8 lens, max Av, no matter what shutter speed I try, ALL of my photos are overexposed. I did not have this problem at all with my 10D.. is there something I should try? What am I doing wrong here?

Howard Gabbert
09-25-2004, 07:48 PM
OK - I have not tried strobes - but there is a note on page 96 of the 20D manual which shows how to set exposure compensation for flash. I would assume that you could find a comensation that works with one or more strobes.

All I have used is the built in flash and the 420-EX. Am waiting for the 580-EX to be released - also the 171-85mm EFS lens.

My current workhorse is the Canon 16-35mm, f/2.8 L zoom lens. A bit on the heavy side, but really great results.

I had a D60, and really like the 20D except for the location of the power on/off switch. I'll get used to it, but I liked it topside.