PDA

View Full Version : Purple fringing - what can be done about it?

minox
09-22-2004, 02:38 PM
from reading in this forum it seems to be possible to deal with noise by bying the right software, but what about purple fringing? any suggestions??

D70FAN
09-22-2004, 04:31 PM
from reading in this forum it seems to be possible to deal with noise by bying the right software, but what about purple fringing? any suggestions??

Different problem, same solution.

judge9847
09-23-2004, 02:09 AM
What software do you use for you "digital darkroom"? If it's Photoshop then I think the latest version called Photoshop CS has a filter to address that problem and I've read that the latest version of Paint Shop Pro (version 9) also has a PF reduction filter included as standard as well as something that deals with the noise issue.

I'm not sure about Photoshop and it's earlier versions so perhaps someone else can confirm that though I suspect that the filter has only been available in it's Creative Suite.

For version 8 of PSP there is a commercially available script that is very effective and from the same people, an action for Photoshop which I suspect will work with a number of versions. Careful though, scripting has only been available since version 8 of PSP so if you've got earlier versions, it's a no go. It's just $10 and worth every penny or cent or whatever :) You can get it here. (http://www.shaystephens.com/)

Hope that helps a bit more.

minox
09-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I have only photoshop elements but will look for a filter.

CodeMonkeyX
09-28-2004, 08:58 PM
I have PSP 9 and it does a pretty good job. I had one picture of a tree against a bright background and the purple fringins was quite noticiable. After runing the PSP filter it looks quite natural, and the purple fringing is gone.

So PSP 9 is a good choice if you were thinking of upgrading.