PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D70s vs. D1

kornhauser
08-24-2005, 02:16 PM
I shared that I bought a used Nikon D1 last month. Sometimes things just come around. Heck of a way to learn a lesson.

Last year I was in the market for a DSLR. The Nikon D70 was my choice, since our local state bureau of investigation guys use it. I got some hands on (I'm a local detective) and fell in love with it.

However, with some costs being the concern, I opted for the Nikon 8800 when it came out in December last year. I was one of the first to buy one and I still love it.

Last month I bought a used Nikon D1 on eBay. I love the camera, but the idea of having to alter every picture on photoshop because of standard saturation problems bugs me enough that I'm not using it, unless I was doing something in black and white.

So today I ordered my D70s. Should be here in two days. I'm very excited and a great lesson. First impression and quality should have made me buy that camera last year. However, I'm still going to keep the Nikon 8800. A great camera for vacations. The D1 is going back on eBay.

D70FAN
08-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I shared that I bought a used Nikon D1 last month. Sometimes things just come around. Heck of a way to learn a lesson.

Last year I was in the market for a DSLR. The Nikon D70 was my choice, since our local state bureau of investigation guys use it. I got some hands on (I'm a local detective) and fell in love with it.

However, with some costs being the concern, I opted for the Nikon 8800 when it came out in December last year. I was one of the first to buy one and I still love it.

Last month I bought a used Nikon D1 on eBay. I love the camera, but the idea of having to alter every picture on photoshop because of standard saturation problems bugs me enough that I'm not using it, unless I was doing something in black and white.

So today I ordered my D70s. Should be here in two days. I'm very excited and a great lesson. First impression and quality should have made me buy that camera last year. However, I'm still going to keep the Nikon 8800. A great camera for vacations. The D1 is going back on eBay.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I thought there was a firmware upgrade that took care of the saturation thing, but maybe not. The D70s is a slam-dunk. Glad to see reason amongst the mahem. ;)

kornhauser
08-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Ah, George; it's one of those things that I was enjoying using the D1 but got tied up all the time on photoshop. The D70 was really the camera that I wanted since last year. After playing with the D1, I realized that and decided to go ahead and jump on it.

D70FAN
08-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Ah, George; it's one of those things that I was enjoying using the D1 but got tied up all the time on photoshop. The D70 was really the camera that I wanted since last year. After playing with the D1, I realized that and decided to go ahead and jump on it.

Your experince saved me from doing the same thing, although using RAW full-time is a similar experience. But, once you get the work-flow down it's pretty quick, and the results are worth the effort.

We look forward to your exploits.