PDA

View Full Version : Nikon System Bag

nwpoland
08-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Just wondering if any of you guys/gals use the Nikon System Bag with your dslr...haven't seen them *in person* and just curious.

Thanks

Warin
08-23-2005, 11:43 AM
It's not bad; however, I prefer a bag like the Nova4AW from Lowepro. More spacious, all weather cover, and a much nicer strap.

I was able to fit a D70 with the kit lens and a 70-300 lens into the bag, with the charger and cables. It wouldnt work if you had more than one add on lens, however.

I have my F80 w/ MB16, 50mm lens (on camera), 85mmlens, SB600 flash, charger for AA NiMh's, various manuals and filters, and 4-6 rolls of film in my Nova 4 in a given day, w/o problem. I can also reconfigure it to carry my Twin Lens Reflex 120 camera instead of the SB600 and the charger in the above setup.

So: Nikon bag=good day trip bag for DSLR and on extra lens. Not so good if you have a lot of kit you want to pack around

Hope this helps.

D70FAN
08-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys/gals use the Nikon System Bag with your dslr...haven't seen them *in person* and just curious.

Thanks

Warin is right in that Lowepro "get's it" as far as design. For day trips (and actually for all trips) I use a Lowepro TLZ Mini, which will carry my D70 with Sigma 18-125 (also works with 18-200 and kit lenses). The outside zippered pouch also holds 4-6 CF cards, a spare battery, emergency CR2 battery pack, IR remote, and TV video cable (for on-the-fly slide shows). 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.8 reside in a fanny pack (when needed). SB800 flash resides in it's own belt pack attached to my belt.

Since this is a well padded and zippered Top Loader the camera/lens is very well protected and very easy to get in and out. $24 at Ritz/Wolf and other places.

nwpoland
08-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Funny enough I think I am about decision'd out after shopping for camera, lens, flash options, memory deals, rechargeable battery options...maybe that's it. The other day I realized I was going to need a camera bag and when I saw all the options I about threw in the towel! :)

I'll soon have a d50 with sigma 18-200, along with a sb-600. I'm looking for a somewhat compact case that will at the same time protect the equipment and have room for things like extra Li-ion and set of spare AAs for flash.

Is it absurd to ask for bag recommendations based on that info? I guess why not learn off of other peoples' trial-and-error...and subsequent opinions?

Thanks for the LowePro comments...I'm almost positive they carry that brand in stores here (Poznan, Poland).

Warin
08-23-2005, 07:01 PM
I would be surprised if you could not find a Lowepro dealer, even in Poland.

I would look for something in the Nova range for that gear. I like the Nova 4, but some find it a little big. I also have a Toploader 75AW, and while it is long, I can jam most of my gear into it, and it has some sliplock attachment points on the outside for more lens cases, a bottle bag, etc.

Here is the contact info for the Lowepro distributor in Poland:

F-System Sp. z o.o. Tel: 48(22)858 25 10 w 111
ul. Zygmunta Vogla 2 A Fax: 48(22)858 22 16
02-963 Warszawa Email: lowepro@fsystem.com.pl
Poland Web: www.fsystem.com.pl

I hope that helps. I would suggest contacting them for a local retailer, and then going in and taking a look at what they carry!

nwpoland
08-23-2005, 10:28 PM
That's great help Warin...thanks for coming up with those links! I've found that there are several places in town with a good selection. When I get the camera (ugh...can't hardly wait) this choice will definitely be easier.

Thanks!

Kenyada
08-24-2005, 05:41 AM

Thanks
I've found that thieves who can't even spell the word Jail, recognize the Nikon name. A Nikon system bag may become a neon sign, blinking off and on, saying "Take Me! Take Me!" It's better to own the equipment, and let everyone else think you're carrying dirty laundry ;)

Best Wishes with your new camera!

nwpoland
08-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Hate the name (ok, I have laughed several times...but don't want to have to tell anyone on the street what it's called) but ended up going a completely different direction after seeing these Crumpler photo bags at KaDeWe in Berlin. They are beautiful, well-designed, and the one I have will be perfect to carry my: D50 w/18-200 Sigma, SB-600, Canon Zr-60 video cam, and accessories (batteries, tapes, memory cards, etc).

I probably won't have extra lenses for some time...but when that happens I'll have room to expand -- just kick the camcorder out and go "all still".

Check these bags out...the one I have has a "hidden compartment" below the main compartment. You gotta admit that's pretty cool! :D

http://crumplereurope.com/ (at first you might think the site is wrong...they guys are definitely freaks).