PDA

View Full Version : Casio z110

sirlatin
08-20-2005, 11:07 AM
I just read on the net that casio has introduce three new models and the
ex z110 works on AA batteries and has still an optical viewfinder. It looks really good and handy but i can't find any good review on the z110 does anyone know one??

Greetz S. Latin

z110
09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Just bought this camera last night in a consumer exhibition. I'm very satisfied with this camera and i think it's money well-spent =) Although this is the very first digital camera that I've gotten, I've done bit of research on the net comparing it against other cameras (say Canon SD400, Optio S5Z, Sony W5, etc)... I've chosen this because of a few reasons:

1. Price is reasonable for a 6.0 MP
2. Battery life better than Isux 50 (agent told me its 250 shots, yet to try out will update again)
3. Movie at 640x320 30fps unlimited dependg on memory, and its in AVI not MOV
4. Small in size though it's heavier when compared to Canon coz of the 2 AA batts instead of lithium

Will update again once I find more time playing around with it =p

Anyway, if there's anyone who could give me any advice on managing the camera in winter area coz I'm going Japan this December and I understand that the camera will freeze... will this affect this camera too? The agent tell me to keep the camera with me all the time and to place silicon gel with the camera to reduce the impact but I'm not really sure whether it's true =)

dylanfrog78
09-09-2005, 03:48 AM
I've bought the camera on an e-shop and yesterday i got it in my hand. It seems a nice camera: little and light enough to bring it with you anywhere. Until now i've noticed
PROS
----Very fast start up and shooting
----WOW!!EXPOSURE TIME IS 60 SEC in manual mode (great for night photos) while the manifacturer at casio.com reports max time is 1/8sec. IT was a nice surprise!!
----Easy to understand and well done menu
----programmed white balance effective (you have also the manual one)
----in general you have a good and effective manual control in manual mode:
Shutter:1/1000 to 60 sec.
ISO: 50-400,
Focus position: 40 cm-infinity (very useful)
Aperture: only 2 choice depending on zoom
---- In high sensitivity best shot mode there exists a 1600 ISO chance (automatic).
----Best shot mode gives you a fast configuration to make good photos in 28 different situation (not so bad)

CONS:
----quality seems not so great (a bit too noise at high ASA)
----large LCD 100% of real image image but very low quality vision by it (not so bright and low risolution!!)
----viewfinder vision is reduced approximately at 90%(don't like it)

i'm going to use the camera during the next days and i will tell you.
SEE YOU

Martijn
09-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Did one of you have time to test this camera?

I'm thinking of buying this camera and like to have some feedback from you guys.

z110
09-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Yupz had tried it out and I'm very satisfied with the movie-recording function =) I've mainly used it to record dances using the normal and the high quality mode and i find the investment worthwhile... (however, if u use it to take some motions far off... the motion may not be as clear) as for pictures wise... i'm still trying out coz i'm not a good photographer and i didnt have time to read up... so some of the pics came up not as good due to lack of focus/flash... but most came up quite good =) will update further another time =p

L. F. Brown
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
I was very interested in these cameras until I realized that they offer only two aperatures (if I'm wrong please correct me). This seems incredibly limiting for anyone wishing to do a lot of manual photography. In checking specs of these cameras against the Z750 I found that the the primary difference was the aperature availabilty.

I also am concerned about the poor res on the LCD. For the size of the screen that is pretty minimal pixels.

Despite the proprietary battery situation, docking bay, and poor flash performance I'm thinking the 750 is still the better purchase.

L. F. Brown

erict200
09-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Anyone else whos bought it too and can share their opinions?
I.e id love to see some pics taken with it

/eric

Joybiker
10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Here http://werk9972.fotopic.net/c710577_1.html you can find some pictures taken with the Casio EX Z110. The pictures are taken by a friend who wanted to try out the camera. I mostly use it when biking, that why I wanted a small one, with normal batteries, a more or less big screen, quite fast to take a nice view without losing lots of time, able to take moving targets (bikers falling down :-)).......Satisfied with it so far, but I'm not a photographer at all, its my first camera ever :eek:

John Wales
10-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm thinking about buying a Z110. According to the specs there no restriction on the use of the "pan focus" mode. (The Z120 specs say that the "pan focus" can only be used in movie mode.) If someone who owns a Z110 would look in the manual or try it out and post the answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards to all - John

Nugroho M
10-24-2005, 06:35 PM
I was very interested in these cameras until I realized that they offer only two aperatures (if I'm wrong please correct me). This seems incredibly limiting for anyone wishing to do a lot of manual photography.L. F. Brown

http://world.casio.com/exilim/en/ex_z110_z120/gallery.html show images taken with F6.3 and F5.2

CCD size is very small comparing to 35mm film, and so do the focal length, which makes DOF not changed so much by changing aperture.

doctorjerry
10-29-2005, 10:13 AM
From what I have heard there are a few around but not many. They are due out in November according to one camera store. They both use AA batteries and I think they are in direct competition with the Canon A 510/520 and A610/620 series of cameras. You may want to check out the EX-750 which IMHO is a hell of a lot more camera for not a lot more money even though it uses proprietary batteries.

DoctorJerry

BlueEyes
11-20-2005, 02:42 AM
hi, I bought this camera about a month ago and it's been really great (exceptional for the price range)!

there's one thing though (and I may credit this due to the fact that i'm not really a photography expert, in fact, this is my first camera!) ... the day/outdoor shots have been really great. The problem is with indoor/night shots, there's a lot of noise and they come out all blurry. the manual did say that pic quality may be affected in flourescent lights but is there anyway to counter this?

what settings should i use? using flash in night shots work but is there something i'm not doing right?

thanks!

bascom
03-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Blue Eyes, this sight has suggestions:
http://dcresource.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php?masterid=12596501&id_type=masterid

Here is one:
"I suggest for night shots, either use tripod with the automatic night scene best shot setting, or set ISO to 50, and set low shutter speeds."

Some of those reviews say the USB cable is hard to connect so it's hard to download pics to a PC. Is that true?

speaklightly
03-18-2006, 03:32 PM
After reading all of the excellent review on the Casio Z-120, I purchased it for around $230 and am very happy with it. Here is a photo sample from the Z-120.

Speaklightly

bascom
03-24-2006, 11:21 AM
That's a good photo. Where did you find it for $230? It's still $300 at my local store.

karadi
05-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Hi,

I am relatively new to this field. Having finally obtained the resources to buy a Casio Z110 + memory stick (256MB). Comes to Rs 14000 (12500 + 1500)
($313) here in India. This is my first Digicam. Though i am very pleased with the reviews about the camera I would like some clarification abt a few things.

1. The night shots/Indoor shots are said to be too noisy. Though a few methods have been suggested, I would be very much obliged if some one can post some pics taken under low light/night conditions.

2. There have been a few people complaining abt the USB port and how hard it is to connect . Is it really such a big problem?

3. Off the sub topic but on the topic.... could some one tell me a good site to refer to when buying a DigiCam.

Thanks

karadi

Joybiker
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Some of those reviews say the USB cable is hard to connect so it's hard to download pics to a PC. Is that true?

I do not have any problems with it, it is a rather small connection but aren't they all like that :confused: Downloading pic's take no more than a few minutes (according to the amount offcours), it's a piece of cake :) :)

ictus
07-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I also had problems with the USB, but after I decided it was going back I went for brute force and ignorance and ramed the USB home, it did the trick and now works great...

nice little camera.