PDA

View Full Version : Delay when using flashWhy is there always a delay when I use the flash on the D50?

brandname
08-19-2005, 09:13 AM
It is very annoying and Im using a high speed card. George where are you on this one.

D70FAN
08-19-2005, 06:09 PM
It is very annoying and Im using a high speed card. George where are you on this one.

You got me on that one. The D70 just keeps on truckin' virtually no delay at all. Can you give a little more detail on what mode you are in and etc?

Cold Snail
08-20-2005, 05:03 AM

Is your flash set on Slow-Sync? Or have you just fired off a shot and are waiting for the flash to recharge.

A little more info would help.

brandname
08-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I think I figured it out. when using auto focus it wont shoot until it feels everything is cool. In manual mode I can get the shot instant.

brandname
08-31-2005, 09:32 AM
George yes when I just fire off a shot I am waiting for the flash to recharge which can be annoying trying to capture insects.

D70FAN
09-01-2005, 09:25 AM
George yes when I just fire off a shot I am waiting for the flash to recharge which can be annoying trying to capture insects.

Yeah, sorry I don't know the subtle differences between the D50 and D70, and since I bought the SB800 I don't use the internal flash all that much.

Capturing insects can be tricky even in good light. ;)

cleo
09-06-2005, 12:22 PM
You got me on that one. The D70 just keeps on truckin' virtually no delay at all. Can you give a little more detail on what mode you are in and etc?

Hey, George you seem to be a well of knowledge! What is your background with photography? I myself love taking photos but never had an SLR of my own. I borrowed a manual SLR film camera about 9 yrs ago for a photojournalism class that I took. Have you heard of the book Understanding Exposure ? I heard this was a decen tbook...I feel I will need it with my Digital SLR purchase. Whenever that is :) I am off on a vaca soon so I will be using my boyfriends Nikon Coolpix 5200 since I am cameraless right now.

D70FAN
09-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey, George you seem to be a well of knowledge! What is your background with photography? I myself love taking photos but never had an SLR of my own. I borrowed a manual SLR film camera about 9 yrs ago for a photojournalism class that I took. Have you heard of the book Understanding Exposure ? I heard this was a decen tbook...I feel I will need it with my Digital SLR purchase. Whenever that is :) I am off on a vaca soon so I will be using my boyfriends Nikon Coolpix 5200 since I am cameraless right now.

Have you ever seen Groundhog Day? I've just been around long enough to absorb a lot of information.

It all started with a Kodak Hawkeye using 620 B&W film, when I was about 10 or 11. I could only afford about a roll of film every couple of months. I really got hooked in the Boy Scouts when one of the parents introduce us to processing and printing B&W film. That was frickin' magic!

I goofed around with photography on and off for many years, going from a Olympus 35mm half frame compact SLR to a Minolta SRT 101 to a Nikon FE (which I still have). Never having enough money to get serious, so my gear was generally used 3rd party Sigma and Soligar stuff, but I learned to work around the shortcommings.

Then came digital in 1996, with a company Kodak DCS50, and I was really hooked. 5 digital cameras later, I have been using a D70 for the past year and a half, and it's still mind boggling. With a Sigma 18-125, and a couple of (used) fast, fixed-focal length lenses I am constantly amazed that pictures come out as I had seen them. And printed on 2 antique (by todays standards) Epson Photo printers for 8 x 10 and smaller (870) and one for large prints up to 13 x 19 (2000P) they are even better. The digital darkroom is...for lack of a better phrase... frickin' magic!!!

I am far from a professional, and I'm still learning, and having a lot of fun. It's a great time to be into photography.