PDA

View Full Version : Printing Calendars

kornhauser
08-18-2005, 07:21 PM
I just scored a gig with a local restaurant to shoot twelve pictures and help them make calendars to sell. The place is like a local "Hooters". Any suggestions where I can have large print calendars made up? Shutterfly wants like $12.00 a piece. Someone else has got to be cheaper.

Norm in Fujino
08-19-2005, 06:39 PM
I just scored a gig with a local restaurant to shoot twelve pictures and help them make calendars to sell. The place is like a local "Hooters". Any suggestions where I can have large print calendars made up? Shutterfly wants like $12.00 a piece. Someone else has got to be cheaper.

If this is going to be for mass distribution, I'd go to a commercial offset printer and ask for bids. You don't really need "photograph" quality, do you? How many copies is the restaurant thinking of?

Rhys
08-19-2005, 06:45 PM
I had a copy of something called Sierra Print Artist which I used to make calanders with. I could put a different photo on each month. For reproduction, I simply had colour photocopies made of my original prints which were then bound with Staples cheap plastic comb binding. It worked out quite expensive but it was a limited production run of only 10 calandars. Were I to do it again, I'd simply run the whole lot through on either a laser printer or an ink jet. The laser sounds a better option.