PDA

View Full Version : New Fuji E900

Donato777
08-18-2005, 01:22 PM
After reading the specs about the soon-to-be-released Fuji E900 on their official web site, the E900 sounds very much like the F10 w/ manual controls, 9 megapixels and a viewfinder. :D Do others share this view? If this is so, I can't wait to read the reviews and get my hands on one! But $500.00 - :eek:!!!

sjseto
08-18-2005, 11:16 PM
I agree, the E900 sounds like a very tempting camera. It seems to have the benefits of the F10's imaging technology but with more manual control and more megapixels.

If it had been available in May when I bought my F10, it would have made for a tough decision between the two, despite the price difference and the fact that they're really not in the same digicam category. I still think I would have purchased the F10 because of its smaller size. I really wanted a compact camera that I could easily fit in my purse; the E900 looks like it's about the size of the E550 and that's just a bit more than I want to carry around with me at all times. I have my film SLR for "serious" photography, so I decided that I could live without the manual controls on my "funcam".

One thing that baffles me is that the E900 seems to be lacking an autofocus assist lamp (which the F10 has). Why, when the camera is capable of taking superb low light images (if the F10 is any indication), would Fuji handicap it by leaving out this feature? Let's hope that its autofocusing ability is very good without it.

That being said, the E900 seems to have the more advanced features that would lure people who held off on buying the point-and-shoot F10. I have a feeling that, if the reviews are positive, it will be a very popular camera. I can't wait to handle one myself (althouth I have no real intention of buying one).

sifumo
08-19-2005, 06:28 AM
After reading the specs about the soon-to-be-released Fuji E900 on their official web site, the E900 sounds very much like the F10 w/ manual controls, 9 megapixels and a viewfinder. :D Do others share this view? If this is so, I can't wait to read the reviews and get my hands on one! But $500.00 - :eek:!!!

if the suggested retail price is $499.99 that really wouldnt be all too bad considering its a first gen 9mp camera with a bunch of manual capabilities - it wasnt all too long ago that we were paying that same amount for a 5mp camera...

i do hope that it is every bit as good as the F10 but i am very curious as to why the ISO only goes up to 800 as opposed to 1600. no autofocus assist beam(if it is true) is very puzzling as well... either way, im really eager to start seeing some test results from this cam!