PDA

View Full Version : Any Nikon digital photographers in los angeles?

brandname
08-18-2005, 01:46 PM
If so is there any way to get together so I may take notes and learn first hand? or is there any events that dont cost anything where us digital photographers can learn?

Thanks and I love this forum. :D

D70FAN
08-18-2005, 03:32 PM
If so is there any way to get together so I may take notes and learn first hand? or is there any events that dont cost anything where us digital photographers can learn?

Thanks and I love this forum. :D

Sorry to be the answering machine here, but If you have a good camera store in your neighborhood, you should probably check and see if there are any groups in your area specific to your interest. Sometimes they also host camera specific classes (like Nikons D70 school) that are either free or low cost.

I've made freinds with some of the more knowlegable sales people, over time, and generally can gleen a lot of information that way. Best done when business is slow. ;)

When I wanted to check out pro lenses I got aquanted with the rental team at my local camera store in Tempe, and got some great tips on which lenses are worth renting. This is a great way to learn.

Sometimes you have to spend a few dollars to get knowlege quickly. In that case the e-books from Peter iNova have helped me a lot, all the way back to my CP990 days.

http://www.digitalsecrets.net/

And many people also like the shortcourses series.

http://www.shortcourses.com/bookstore/book.htm

These run from $19.95 to $49.95, and in this case you get what you pay for. I have both and refer to the iNova e-book more than the shortcourses book.

brandname
08-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Know it alls are good when they really do know it all. thanks for the tip.

D70FAN
08-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Know it alls are good when they really do know it all. thanks for the tip.

If that were true I would be recommending my own book. ;)

Hey, I'm a EE gone MBA (electronics engineer now in marketing) so I have an excuse. :rolleyes:

And you're definately welcome.