PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good allround/enthusiast/zoom camera

JCD
08-18-2005, 04:33 AM
Hi

I'm new here in this forum and i read a lot of postings. I need your advice on choosing a new camea.

I'm looking for a digicam like the Panasonic FZ 30/20/5 and Cybershot H1. I own a Cybershot DSC-P5 yet but I like to have a bigger and faster one. I had the opportunity to test the DSC-V3 which is a very nice camera, but it has unfortunately only 4x zoom and no stabilizer.

What I use it for, what i like to have:
-Family, Nature, Sunset, Nightscenes, In-/Outdoor, portrait
-at least a 10x zoom and a good image stabilizer (a read, that the stabilizer
in the H1 is not as good as the one in the Panasonics)
-at least 5 MPixel
-fast AF and shooting times (like the DSC-V3)
-as less as possible image noise
-good display
-good video capabilities (at least 640*480 if possible)
-superb image quality in, if possible, all situations :D

Which camera fits best for my needs or do you know better cams? Or should I wait for the Panasonic FZ 30 which will be released in September?

Thank you very very much in advance.

Greetings

JCD

PS.: Sorry for my english, I'm Swiss German :)

boxgirl73
08-18-2005, 01:21 PM
i just got my H1....typically not a sony fan but this camera is really good....nice sharp images, very light (since it only uses 2 batteries) and has an amazing super macro....i was touching my subject wiht the lens...i was that close and the pic was incredible!

go for the H1-you already know sony......

JCD
08-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Thank you for your advice. Are you happy with the image stabilizer and the AF/shot-to-shot times? I read, that the sony steady shot image stabilizer isn't as good as in the Panasonic FZ30 for example.

And can you recommend the FZ30. It's a really interesting camera, because of it's load of features. Is the image noise (mentionend in the review) a big problem?

Thank you very much again and greetings

JCD

boxgirl73
08-19-2005, 07:00 AM
happy with the sony all around but you're right...the shot-to shot is a bit slower than i'd like...however i didn't get my memory stick yet...only am using the internal memory.....