PDA

View Full Version : new, refurbed, or hoax

nwpoland
08-17-2005, 01:03 PM
been looking for d50 deals and found a reputable site with a user-posted deal for d50 body-only for $400. over the past couple of weeks they have had many such deals. and these are listed as brand new, in box...with USA warranty.

how does one know if the product is new, refurbed, or just to stay away? my thought is that the company's buying protection would take care of anything that was a scam, right???

thanks for your thoughts!

D70FAN
08-17-2005, 01:19 PM
been looking for d50 deals and found a reputable site with a user-posted deal for d50 body-only for $400. over the past couple of weeks they have had many such deals. and these are listed as brand new, in box...with USA warranty.

how does one know if the product is new, refurbed, or just to stay away? my thought is that the company's buying protection would take care of anything that was a scam, right???

thanks for your thoughts!

If you are talking about Amazon, there have been some hoax-ish deals recently. A freind here at work ordered one, and it never came. His credit card was refunded, but the vendor got to use his money for a few weeks.

Use caution, contact the seller for information, etc.

Overall, the cost savings look great, but if you never get the product...

nwpoland
08-17-2005, 01:33 PM
yeah, amazon. just not sure what to do. obviously you can't ignore such savings...but at the same time "if it's too good to be true....".

i've emailed a couple sellers in the past two weeks just asking about the state of the product and both have responded that it was new...just haven't acted on any yet.

to complicate things, i live in poland and would have to have it shipped to family in the states and then to me. so if it did end up to be refurbed or had something wrong i'd really be in a mess trying to get it taken care of.

hmm...gotta think about this! :)