PDA

View Full Version : Maker notes in Photoshop, iPhoto, etc?

iRobie
08-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Hello,

I've searched all over the net and this forum, but it seems I'm the only one having this problem.

I have a new D70. The first thing I did when I got the camera, before shooting a single image, was upgrade the firmware to v2.0. I don't know if this was a mistake or not, I just wanted to start off with the newest firmware.

Now, I cannot see Maker Notes in Photoshop CS2, or iPhoto, or basically anything. The most important one for me is ISO setting. I can still see regular exif data, such as shutter speed, aperture, etc, but no ISO.

A workaround for this is to shoot in RAW mode. Though pictures converted in PictureProject still don't show the info, pictures opened with the Adobe Camera Raw 3.1 shows the information correctly.

So I'm going to shoot in RAW from now on. However, I have about 1200 images I want resized, and if I do this, I lose the information from photoshop.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy workaround? So far, the only way I've found to resize the images is to use IfranView, which I can do, but I prefer Mac friendly software.

Thanks!