PDA

View Full Version : Casio Z750 Lens Error Problem

Donato777
08-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Has anyone had a problem with a "lens error" on the Casio EX-Z750? Other forums are talking about this (dpreview.com in Casio Talk) and it concerns me. I have been comparing the Z750 with the Canon SD500 and need to make a decision. Thanks for your feedback.

trikster2
08-10-2005, 03:35 AM
Has anyone had a problem with a "lens error" on the Casio EX-Z750? Other forums are talking about this (dpreview.com in Casio Talk) and it concerns me. I have been comparing the Z750 with the Canon SD500 and need to make a decision. Thanks for your feedback.

I have the z750:

Droped on pavement 3 times.

Opened in case once

Opened in pocket once.

Lens error: once (when opened in case). Turned it off/on and it went away.

Chose the z750 ove the SD500 because of the mpeg4 movie mode.

juliezim
08-17-2005, 04:39 PM
bought my Casio x750 in June, took it to Ireland, Cape Cod, a wedding, no problems with the lens error thing - I am careful of opening it unobstructed - I chose it over the Cannon SD series because I read about the screen crack purple blob problem with SD - my friend got the SD and went to Ireland with me - no prob. so far. But I'd be more careful with that LCD. And it is smaller.
My LCD is bigger (nice!) and I got a little clear plastic cover to paste over it - I carry it in a pocket in a purse without a case, something frowned on by the sales rep for Cannon (they don't stand behind cracked screens) - the cases make these cameras too bulky for your pocket, which is the point of getting a small camera after all - the SD is a tiny bit smaller, the pictures are good on both - although mine are over saturated with color - I have read you can get a firmware upgrade to fix the problem, but I haven't figured that out yet.
My battery lasts a lot longer than the SD battery. And the prices from Dell on the x750 are now considerably better than what I paid:(