PDA

View Full Version : Black and white mode on D50?

tekriter
08-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not found a shooting option on my new D50 to allow shooting in black and white. If that's true, I'm a little surprised.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks!

D70FAN
08-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not found a shooting option on my new D50 to allow shooting in black and white. If that's true, I'm a little surprised.

Am I overlooking something?

Thanks!

Nope. No B&W mode. Better to take the original in color and then convert/desaturate in post processing.

tekriter
08-03-2005, 04:26 AM
How well does the B&W processing in Elements work? I don't have a (legitimate) copy of Photoshop, but I do have Elements. Is the tonal quality OK in your opinion?

It looks good to me, but I thought it possible that a built-in option in the camera might work better.

D70FAN
08-03-2005, 08:49 AM
How well does the B&W processing in Elements work? I don't have a (legitimate) copy of Photoshop, but I do have Elements. Is the tonal quality OK in your opinion?

It looks good to me, but I thought it possible that a built-in option in the camera might work better.

I shoot in RAW and very rarely convert to B & W, but the ones that I do desaturate look fine. Elements should work as well as any for this function.

Again, if you shoot in RAW and then desaturate it should work fine.