PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaahhhhh.So many choices.

greenflag
09-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Hello,I have read all the other posts and am still confused.I am looking for a point and shoot camera of the highest quality.Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

John_Reed
09-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Hello,I have read all the other posts and am still confused.I am looking for a point and shoot camera of the highest quality.Any suggestions would be much appreciated.By "highest quality," I assume you mean "images of the highest quality," right? But your query is much too broad to answer easily. If you could elaborate on what you'll be using the camera for primarily, indoor/outdoor, flash/no flash, printing only 4X6/posters, etc., maybe someone here can help you focus in on a range of cameras to suit your tastes. :confused:

greenflag
09-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks for your reply John.Basically I want a beautiful looking camera that I will be using at friends' weddings or on trips away.The pictures I will be developing will be standard size and I would be using a flash as required.Design would more important to me than price.

John_Reed
09-18-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your reply John.Basically I want a beautiful looking camera that I will be using at friends' weddings or on trips away.The pictures I will be developing will be standard size and I would be using a flash as required.Design would more important to me than price.Accustomed as most of us are to grading cameras based on their ability to take good-quality photos, "looks," per se, aren't high up on the selection list. I'm not pooh-poohing your quest, just saying that it represents an unusual perspective on buying a digital camera. For what you want, it seems to me that you should go to a camera shop that carries several different lines of cameras, and just select the one that looks the best to you. Of course, you'll want one that takes good photos, but you'll be able to get advice from the salesmen at the shop as to which ones will best serve your needs.

D70FAN
09-18-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your reply John.Basically I want a beautiful looking camera that I will be using at friends' weddings or on trips away.The pictures I will be developing will be standard size and I would be using a flash as required.Design would more important to me than price.

In that case I would suggest the Nikon D2X when it is released in January. If you can't wait that long the Canon 1Ds or 1D Mark II would be really cool.

If you are on a budget then maybe the Nikon D70. dSLR's really make you look like a pro. :rolleyes: